VI

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

chapter six

I SLAM LUKE'S FASHION SENSE

SEN

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

Sen woke up to someone sitting by her bedside- a tall boy with dark, curly hair, and a large scar running from the corner of his eye to his jawline. He smiled softly at her and waved.

"Afternoon. Sleep good?"

Sen sat up, frowning as he hair fell around her shoulders. She looked around the room, not seeing anyone else. "Where am I?"

"Girls' infirmary ward," the boy said. "You woke up pretty fast. Your friend is still passed out."

Sen blinked at this boy. He looked a little older than her- maybe around seventeen or so. "Who are you?"

"I'm Luke," he said, extending his hand.

Sen stared at his hand, slowly shaking it. "I'm Sen. Where am I? Not- Not the infirmary. I mean where."

"Camp Half-Blood," Luke answered. "Long Island Sound."

"Long Island?" Sen suddenly remembered the Minotaur. She reached her hand under her blankets and felt her leg, finding not so much as a bruise. "Wha-"

"Our healers are pretty impressive," Luke said, a small smile on his face. "Running around on a fractured leg is more impressive, though. You sure you're new to this?"

"This." Sen stared at Luke. "The... the demigod thing?"

Luke nodded. "Yep. I'm guessing that came as quite a shock to you."

"What god?" Sen said.

Luke sighed deeply, resting his hands on his knees. "Well, that's the thing. Here at Camp, you... Well, we have to figure it out later on. Sometimes, you'll display certain powers or skills. Your godly parent might even claim you. We can't know right now, though, but we can usually narrow it down. Is your mortal parent your mom or your dad?"

Sen frowned. "I don't have any parents. I live with my foster parents, Mr. and Mrs. Sanchez."

"Ah," Luke said, looking down. "Unfortunately, you're not the only one without any parents."

"You don't have any?"

"Not anymore," Luke answered, his voice taking on a sad tone.

"Oh." Sen looked at her lap. "Sorry for asking."

"It's cool. You're just curious. Think you might be ready to get up and take a look around?" Luke suggested, tilting his head.

Sen stared at him. "I only have pajamas."

"No problem," Luke said. He pointed to the bedside table, where a lump of clothes were waiting. "We wouldn't just leave you here with no clothes, Sen."

Sen grabbed the clothes, and instantly wrinkled her nose. "I am not wearing that!"

Luke stared at her in shock. "I- Huh?"