II

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

chapter two

I AM THWARTED

PERCY

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

"Percy!"

Percy's eyes slowly opened, his heart still racing from his dream. That's all it was, right? Just a dream. Then, why did his chest still feel so tight? He looked around in confusion at the various faces hovering over his, but a new one entered the mix.

"Percy!" Sen leaned over him, her warm eyes wide and fearful, her plump lips agape. "Percy, is everything okay?" Her hands rested on his shoulders and her long, wet hair fell down, tickling his face slightly.

"Is he okay?" someone said.

Another chimed in, "Is he dead?"

Mr. Brunner cleared his throat. "Give him some space, please. Sen, you too."

Sen did not give Percy any space. "Can you stand?" She spoke with a slight lisp, her braces getting in the way. Percy nodded, still stuck in confusion as Sen stood up and held out her hands. Percy placed his in hers and she kindly pulled him up, steadying him slightly as he stumbled.

Percy looked around. Everyone was watching him like he was crazy. "What happened?" He looked just past Sen, where a soaking wet Boba Fett glared at him with hate. He frowned, looking around some more. "Where's Mrs. Dodds?"

Nancy yelped, "I didn't do anything to him! He pushed me!"

Mr. Brunner gazed at Percy. "Everyone, go back to your lunches. Percy just needs a moment. It's alright."

As simple as that, everyone dispersed as though nothing had happened. Percy turned to Sen, seeing a small cut in her arm. His eyes widened and he gasped, but she quickly clamped her opposite hand over it and shook her head.

"I don't understand," Percy insisted. "Didn't anyone just see that?"

Mr. Brunner frowned, his eyebrows knit together. Grover glanced at him, shaking slightly.

"Where's Mrs. Dodds?!"

"Percy... there's no one here by that name," Mr. Brunner said.

"That's a lie," Sen insisted, her voice wavering. "We saw- we saw-"

Mr. Brunner sighed. "Make-believe can entertain all you want it to, but not at the cost of other students." Sen's jaw dropped in shock. "All right, class. Let's move along. Let's go. Finish your lunch." Mr. Brunner wheeled off, acting as though nothing had happened.

Percy stared at Grover, pleading for an answer, pleading that he wasn't alone in this, but Grover just pursed his lips and turned away, collecting his trash.

Percy heard Sen sniffle. "I hate it here."

Percy turned to her and realized she was shivering. "Aw, Sen..." He stripped his own jacket off and wrapped it around her. She couldn't even smile at him, but she uttered a small thank you. "How bad are you hurt?"