12

kahmyla melanie winters

they were leaving my house. i enjoy this sleep over so much. i got closer with amari and found out some things about her. she likes blue, she likes reading but she doesn't let anyone know that, and she's very overprotective over her own.

i enjoyed amari's presence so much! "bye kahmyla i'll see you at school!" aaliyah said while running into me and hugging me. i didn't spend much time with aaliyah and i felt horrible. it didn't seem like she minded. she was with mani the whole time.

"bye aaliyah i'll miss you so much. sorry for not paying you a lot of attention" i said while squeezing her very roughly.

"it's okay girl i know what you got going on with miss amari" aaliyah said while winking. my eyes got wider. i smiled weakly.

"stop it aaliyah" i said shoving her playfully and walking away. i seen amari talking to sapphire and saying bye. "bye amari i will miss you so much!" i said jumping into her arms.

she caught me and pulled me to her chest and squeezed me. i enjoyed my time with her so much. i felt so comfortable around her. i felt seen.

"i'll miss you more kahmyla, i'll see you at school tomorrow okay?" amari said while staring me in my eyes. i got a little nervous and looked down. she lifted my head up by my chin. "okay?".

"ok i will see you tomorrow" i said while smiling at her. she let me down and said bye to my parents. i saw the door close and i immediately got sad.

"girl fix your face! we literally have school tomorrow you won't be away from them that long" mani said while rolling her eyes and heading for the pantry. see what i mean? fatty.

i sighed and went upstairs. i laid down in the spot where amari slept. i didn't do it intentionally. we slept so close to each other. it felt good though.

i was so bored. i was missing their presences already. the little arguments, the jokes, and the laughs we shared. i texted them.

the big 3️⃣

:hey guys! i miss yall ☹️

aaliyah💐: we just left boo! we miss you more
amari🥰: big baby 🤣

:maybe i don't miss you anymore 🙄

amari🥰: you know you do
aaliyah💐:HELLO? AM I INTERRUPTING?

:no aaliyah you aren't. we are done with that conversation

aaliyah💐: the girls are fighting...
amari🥰: keep that same energy myla

:huh what energy?

aaliyah💐:LMFAOO you are so cute kahmyla

:thank you!

i left my phone alone. i won't lie i am kind of annoyed with amari right now. why would she call me a big baby simply for missing her & aaliyah? she should be happy if anything.

"melanie come downstairs right now!" i heard downstairs from my mother. what could i have possibly done for her to use my middle name?

i ran downstairs to see sapphire and my mom smiling on the couch. it was weird and it seemed like some sort of cult. "yes mommy?" i said while taking a seat by mani.

"sooo sapphire was talking to me about this sleepover. she said you were having a lot of fun with the girl named amari?" my mom questioned while cheesing at me.

"yess! she's was mean to me at first but she's very sweet. i think she's warming up to me" i said excitedly. i get so excited around her & whenever i talk about her. i think sapphire & my mom noticed that because i was going on a whole rant about her and they were smiling at me.

"her favorite color is blue and she's really overprotective. she comforts me a lot whenever i'm feeling sad and i really like it. don't tell her i said this but she also really likes reading and so do i" i said while smiling and swinging my feet.

"she seems like a sweet girl kahmyla" my mom said while smiling at me and rubbing my back. "i heard aaliyah and sapphire really kicked it off" my mom said while chuckling at sapphire.

"we really did. we're just alike it's crazy!" sapphire said while running into the pantry. AGAIN. "i'm about to go facetime my other friends though bye yall!" sapphire said while running up the stairs with so many snacks.

my mom stared at me like she knew something i didn't. "yes mom? why are you staring at me like that" i said while laughing. my mom always looks so mysterious.

"do you like amari?" my mom flat out asked me. my face got hot. i like amari of course but i like her how i like aaliyah. she's just my friend nothing more but when im with amari i feel more emotions than when im with aaliyah. i don't understand this feeling.

"i don't know"

"it seems like you do baby. i'll just pretend i don't realize until your comfortable to tell me" my mom said while laughing. i cracked a smile.

"it's not that i'm not comfortable telling you mama i just don't know if i like her or not." i said while picking at my fingers. "i'm confused on the feeling".

"it's okay to be confused so don't be too hard on yourself about it. i was confused on if i liked your dad at first until i realized how he really made me feel. it takes time to realize those things sometimes" my mom said while rubbing my back.

i sighed. "it's just a little frustrating" i said while tugging on my hair. my mom removed my hand.

"stop pulling on your hair kahmyla. remember what we taught you take deep breaths" my mom said while comforting me. i took 4 deep breaths and left my hair alone.

"you have to stop getting frustrated like that myla" my mom said while looking at me with concern on my face. "i set up an appointment for your therapist thursday".

i simply nodded and went upstairs. i sat down picking at my hands. i hate how everyone has to comfort me 24/7. i hate how sometimes sapphire has to watch out for me like she's my older sister. i hate getting frustrated over every single thing.

why can't i be normal?