XLVIII

The dining hall was surprisingly empty today, as only the king and his eldest son sat quite far from one another on the dining table.

The king, with furrowed eyebrows and a tilted head, asked aloud, "Where are the rest?".

[ Outside the castle gates ]

"Taehyung. You're being really loud right now, stop it!" Yoongi grumbled, as he too was straining his back whilst we all snuck out of the castle.

"Jimin keeps pushing me!" Taehyung reasoned, pushing Jimin with his shoulder.

"Ow, hyung!" Jungkook hissed.

"Why are you getting involved, kook?" Hoseok wondered, never looking back at the mermen behind him.

"I accidentally hit him." Jimin confessed, standing back up in order to smack Taehyung.

"Guys. We're trying to sneak out, and incase you're unaware, sneaking out, requires silence!" Namjoon finally yelled, quietly.

The younger mermen eventually became quiet, making me turn around to Namjoon with a sheepish smile and a thumbs up to congratulate him.

"I'm glad that, at least, your father isn't going to be suspicious of us, since we aren't attending the dinner. You told the king that we're all occupied tonight, right?" I asked, smiling.

We continued to swim towards the town that has fallen asleep for the night, but then realised that I haven't received an answer.

I turn my head to look at Namjoon, to see him shy away with a sheepish smile.

"Namjoon!"

"Ok ok, I admit, I forgot, i'm sorry!" He quickly surrendered.

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

Luckily, we arrived at our destination before I could give him a good scolding.

"Everyone in." I ordered, opening the door for the guys.

Once that was done, I, myself, entered, closing the door behind me.

"Celine!" I called out.

And in a matter of time, the youthful middle-aged mermaid made her presence known.

"Hello, I'm Celine Yong. I come from the Jung kingdom. I'm here to assist you on your journey." She announced.

Everyone looked at one another, astonished at the fact that one of the citizens of a kingdom that's been wiped out, is standing right in front of them.

"Are we going to go look for that kingdom? Because if we are, I want to go this time." Hoseok volunteered.

"Sure, I want to stay back." Yoongi shrugged.

"Great! What's the plan?" Jimin asked in anticipation.

Namjoon and I looked at each other.

"I guess you just roam aimlessly until you find the kingdom?" Namjoon suggested.

"That's stupid." Jungkook complained.

Yoongi spotted a table around us, and shimmied to go sit on it.

"You bring me with you." Celine informed.

Everyone was silent, brains put together to form a plan.

"That makes sense." Taehyung agreed.

"So, Hoseok, Celine and who else should go?" I asked aloud.

"I'll go." Taehyung offered.

Namjoon stared at his brother in curiosity.