XLV

Back at the castle, the most neglected prince of the sea, had rediscovered an old room. It was dusty and dark and old.

He slowly turned on the lights and everything in that room had become clearer, but his vision blurred.

Memory after memory went by him and he slumped down by an old piano to calm down and digest everything.

In the corner of his eye, he sees a small mannequin with an awfully familiar suit.

[ flashback ]

"Oh, my boy. You look so handsome!" His mom gushed, fixing up her little boy's prince outfit.

"Thank you mama!" The little prince giggled, his smile never leaving his face.

He turned to the mirror and took a look at his little ruffle collar.

"I'm going to show hyung! They'll love it." He giggled, informing his mother.

The woman smiled bittersweetly but held back any strong emotions as she looked at her growing angel.

"I'm sure they will." She agreed softly.

The prince smiled and fixed his blue suit before realising something.

"Mama...when will you go see my other brothers? Aren't they your sons as well?" He cluelessly asked.

His mother was sat on the corner of her wide bed, she bent down slightly to caress her boy.

"Mm. I can't meet them. Maybe you can be there for me?" She asked, tears starting to appear.

She blinked slowly, looking at her child in admiration.

"Mama, why are you crying?" The little prince asked, placing his tiny hands on his mothers cheeks.

She smiled with teeth and chuckled, shaking her head.

"It's nothing baby. My son is just growing so fast." She reassured.

The prince grinned widely and jumped in happiness.

"Don't worry mama! I'm only 6..but when I grow up- I'll learn how to fight! I can be your knight, mama!" He exclaimed, approving of his genius future plans.

His mother smiled and laughed, caressing his face.

"Of course, Taehyung."

[ flashback over ]

Taehyung was hyperventilating. Tears streamed down his perfect skin as he continued to look around the room.

"Where did you go?" He whispered.

The door to the room opened and he snapped his head in that direction, only to be met by a confused Jimin.

"Tae? What are you doing here? You realise this is where the secret room is, right?" Jimin pointed out.

Taehyung's eyes widened as he looked around once again.

"Taehyung..are you alright?" Jimin asked, approaching his best friend.

"No." He whimpered.