XXV

My eyes shot open and I quickly flattened down my hair as I swam to the door, though it seemed to be completely useless since my hair was floating in the water anyway.

My arm reached out to the doorknob and my fingers gripped onto the stone knob, and as if it was magic, the stone door worked just as well as how a normal wooden door would.

I crept into the living room and found the key to the dungeon just hanging on the walls beside the cage, I grabbed it and opened the cage quickly, not wanting to make much sound knowing Trey's asleep.

"Noona?"

I never thought I could turn around so quickly until I forced myself to while I was closing the gates slowly.

In front of me laid four sleepy mermen, but they all seemed to stir awake from the sudden noise we were making from just whispering.

"Hey! I have a plan, I need you guys to follow through with it." I quickly explained.

Yoongi desperately rubbed his face as he looked at me through hooded and exhausted eyes.

"Me too." He suddenly interrupted.

I looked over at him and let my gaze burn into his soul for a bit, hoping it could warm him up or something.

"That's great, we can work something out!" I exclaim quietly.

I shake my head and wave my hands in an attempt to switch back to the thing I was about to say.

"Anyway, I'm only a distraction, I pretend I'm spellbound while I set one of you free to go execute my second plan, when that's successful, we free the rest and kill Trey, if anything goes wrong, we can go with Yoongi's plan." I explain.

They all nod in unison and I grabbed the keys to unlock the first person I saw. Hoseok was free.

"I need you to stay out of view for the time being, I'll gaslight Trey into thinking there was only three of you in the first place, and when I give you the signal, you free everyone else, got it?" I asked Hoseok.

He nodded.

We both frantically said our goodbyes to the rest and I guided him out, telling him where to stay the night and stay low.

"Be safe." I tell him, holding his arm and my eyes rounded due to concern.

"I will." He smiled hugging me tightly before urging me to leave quickly.

[ next day ]

"Mermaid?!" Trey yelled.

My eyes shook in shock and my body jerked towards the door.

"Geez, why does he have to yell so early in the morning?" I mumbled, opening the door and swimming over to Trey with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"What is it Trey?" I ask, using my acting abilities to its finest.

"Where's the other one?" He asked, pointing to the unlocked shackle next to Yoongi.

"What are you talking about? Did you capture another merman already?" I asked, approaching the siren.

He shook his head harshly and pointed to the cage.

"There were four of them." He stated.

I crashed my eyebrows and pouted out my lip a bit, making my facial features express my fake confusion.

"What do you mean? There's always been three." I insist.

"No- he had a red shine to his black hair, where is he?" Trey repeated.

I continued looking confused and stared at the mermen in the cage before looking back at Trey with a disapproving shake of my head.

"I think you've been hallucinating, the lack of souls must be getting to you." I said, placing a hand on his bony shoulder.

"How would you know that?" Trey asked suspiciously and took a step back.

"I've been reading up on how to help you! It said something about the lack of souls, but I say we need five more people to officially make you last." I smiled excitedly.

Trey smirked and wrapped an arm around my waist, my smile faltered a little, but I continued to stay in character even if my back crawled with chills of cringe from the siren's touch.

I wrapped my arms around his neck almost hesitantly and I faked the emotions of love in my eyes so he'd believe my acting.

"I knew you'd come in handy." He said, staring down at my chest.

"Why don't we take it to the bedroom? I've been waiting ever since I caught you." He whispered seductively and leaned in to breath into my ear.

I fake giggled, letting go of the siren and shook my head.

"I can't! I need to keep on reading on how to attract more males! We need as much as we can get, the more the better!" I state before running away into my room.

When am I going to stab him in the chest? I need to do it soon. My eyes naturally wonder off to where I had hid the shark tooth and I grabbed it, clutching the makeshift handle and gently and carefully stuffing the tooth in between my breast again.

"Wait, what if I sliced these when I need to whip out the tooth?" I asked myself.

I shrug anyway. Tonight. I'll have to kill him tonight. Now I need to go and inform Hoseok.

I rush over to the exit, where I'm stopped by a voice that seemed to be far away.

"Mermaid, where's my shark!?" Trey yelled.

"I'm taking him for a walk again, see you!" I yell back, before rushing out of the house and down to where I left Hoseok last night.

Upon reaching my destination, I notice Hoseok's hair glowing only a faint red in the sun as he slept peacefully.

I smile and sat down next to him, combing and playing with his hair ever so gently, not wanting to wake him up but trying to nonetheless.

Eventually he stirred awake.

"Morning handsome." I smile.

Hoseok replied with a sheepish grin himself.

"Morning beautiful." He greeted huskily and grabbed my hand to kiss it.

"I came to inform you about tonight." I slowly let on.

Hoseok nodded and tried his best to listen in his sleepy daze.

"I'm going to kill him tonight. I need you to be there to free the rest of the guys while I distract Trey, when you're all gone, I'll strike."

Hoseok opened his closed eyes and stared at me.

"Let's do this."