XXIII

"Trey?" Y/n called out softly.

The siren appeared in front of her, chains in hand as he was getting his rusted old ones removed and replaced.

"What do you want, mermaid?" He sneered, unhappy with the fact she interrupted him somehow.

"Do you perhaps have a library?" She asked, head tilted to the side to give off innocence.

"Of course, but we don't have time for that, I need your help to attract mermen and pirates." Trey quickly said and grabbed another set of tools before brushing past her carelessly.

She huffed and decided to go look for the library herself. Under the spell or not, there is no doubt her stubbornness would go away.

Unexpectedly, there was more to Trey's place than she expected. So she swam as much as her tail would let her and eventually her stubbornness helped her find the library.

After all the turns of every corner of Trey's home, she finally stumbled upon an old dark wood door.

"Must've found that in a shipwreck." Y/n mumbled to herself, hand raising to touch the wood.

She grabbed hold of the metal knob and twisted it, later on pushing the door to reveal the library that was hidden behind it.

"Y/n?! Where are you?! We have at least four mermen we could capture right now!" Trey's yelling echoed off the stone walls.

She decided to ignore it anyway and swim inside the library, swimming deep enough to the point she was surrounded by books about marine biology.

Casted upon a spell or not, there was no way of making her stubbornness disappear.

Her dark eyes scanned the old shelves and stopped upon a dark maroon book, it's thick spine was enough to make Y/n guess that it was pretty heavy, but other than the interesting choice of colour for the book, it was the title that caught her attention.

The title of the book was engraved into the spine, but a few words were covered by dust or moss, if she didn't remove the moss, the title would just say "what you need to know".

Her delicate fingers itched to scrape the moss off of the book, and that's exactly what she did, her fingernail buried into the moss and torn it off.

"..about sirens." She breathed out, reading the complete title.

Her heart pace quickens as she hears Trey mumbling curses nearby and eventually found her.

"Let's go." Trey ordered sternly through clenched teeth before grabbing Y/n's wrist and dragged her out of the library.

Y/n's eyes never left the book, her mind sets off to its new mission: memorise exactly where the book was placed.

[ with the guys ]

"That's the plan. And if everyone doesn't do their part, it will crumble into ashes." Yoongi warned.

Jimin groaned and brushed his hair back.

"Can we just go now?" He begged.

"Yoongi, that all seems rather risky." Hoseok interrupted.

Jungkook stepped forward to express his opinion on the plan as well.

"As much as I'm worried for noona, I think this plan should work, it pretty straightforward." He said.

"Fine whatever." Jimin sighed.

All four of them stayed in that one spot, recollecting what they had to do for their plan, making sure that everyone remembered everything, but it all seemed to deem useless when Jungkook's shocked expression was made clear to everyone.

"Noona!"

Jungkook rushed over to the woman the stood almost a mile away, her white tail balancing her in the water, her black hair that glowed a dark shade of purple in the sun, it all seemed too good to be true.

The others smiled and neared the girl.

"I thought you were doomed!" Jungkook cried as he hugged the girl tighter.

"I'm surprised how fast you were able to escape the siren, having known about him." Yoongi suddenly spoke as his smile came into play.

"I was so worried." Jimin admitted, coming to hug Y/n as well.

Hoseok on the other hand, stayed a few feet away and watched the heartwarming scene with slight suspicion.

How, just how?

When he looked around and spotted a tattered tail, he knew the reason behind her sudden appearance.

"Guy's it's a trap! Run!" Hoseok yelled.

But Trey sprung out of his hiding spot with eels in his arms and he used their bolts to zap the mermen unconscious.

"Well done!" Trey praised Y/n as he approached her.

"Well done.."