XXVIII

I woke up from someone shifting next to me, I groggily sat up and moved away from the still sleeping Yoongi.

"Ezra?" I called out as I saw a figure move, I rubbed my eyes and swam tiredly towards the silhouette.

"Nope. Jimin." Jimin joked as he casually sat at the end of the entrance of the cave, staring out into the busy sea.

"Oh, hey." I greeted, sitting down next to him.

"How's figuring your feelings out going?" Jimin asked softly as I successfully made myself comfortable on the cold stone.

I blushed.

The memories of me kissing the guys other than him had invaded my head and I suddenly felt guilty. So I shrugged.

"I-I'm still not really sure." I replied carefully.

Jimin let out a sigh from his nose and leaned onto his arms that propped him up from the back.

"That's alright." He replied casually.

Quietness had settled in between us and I just stared down at my tail.

"You..you seriously won't be hurt if I can't return your feelings?" I asked.

Jimin looked at me almost immediately, his eyes held panic and softness at the same time.

"Well, I can't say I won't be hurt. But if your choice makes you happy..then I'll have to move on eventually." He smiled, eventually frowning when his thoughts gotten to the best of him.

"H-have you already thought of rejecting me?" He didn't know how to word it, but he had to get his point across.

My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head.

"No! I-I'm still..thinking. I'm sorry if my question scared you." I apologised.

I looked back to my hands that fiddled with each other as we spoke.

"Promise me we'll stay the same if I ever do reject you? You're too good of a person to loose because of rejection." I frowned as I asked him that question.

I can't loose him to anything. He's too...good.

Jimin looked at me fondly and nodded his head.

"Of course, Noona."

My head snapped his direction.

"What did you just call m-"

[ later ]

"There were seven of us.."

I stared at the mermen that chatted amongst each other while my mind occupied me with memories.

"But we all separated one day...I don't know what happened to them-"

Seven of them huh?

"I don't even to know if they're still alive!"

But if Yoongi and Hoseok are still living, I bet the other three are doing the same.

Hoseok ruffled Jungkook's hair as Jungkook smiled sheepishly, his bunny teeth poking out as he did so. Yoongi chuckled at something Hoseok said and Jimin continued adding on to whatever Hoseok said to make things funnier.

If they all were to bond this way after all those years of separation, then at this point, they're all soulmates that need each other to strive in life. We need to find the other three. I need to find the other three.