XXXV

The clinking of sharp metal swords were heard from the outside of the large fencing room. Multiple manly grunts were heard here and there, but the collision of man-made swords is what made your ears perk.

A door similar to the big oak ones from the king's throne room (just less detailed) were the only barriers that stopped me from peeking inside. So I pushed it open with force.

Mermen. Many, many mermen. In this terrifyingly gigantic room. They were all covered from head to tail in white pillowy fabric, though their faces were covered with a helmet.

Out of all of these merpeople, only one seemed to notice me by the door.

"Noona!" Jungkook shrieked, stopping his little competition with Taehyung before running up to me.

"I'm glad you're here, but why are you here?" He asked, taking off his helmet to reveal his perfect features, his hand held the helmet by his waist, and the other combed through his floating hair.

I shrugged.

"I thought I'd come by. Did I interrupt anything?" I asked, a soft smile danced on my lips.

His flushed smile reached his eyes when he giggled had shook his head.

"Let's go meet Taehyung." He suggested and gently pulled me with him towards the person he's started to get close with.

"Hey Y/n!" Taehyung greeted with a rectangular smile, sitting down on a small wooden bench by the wall so he doesn't take up space on the fencing court.

"Hello,-"

"Taehyung- you're supposed to call her by honorifics,no? I mean, she is older than you." Jungkook stated as he took a seat next to Taehyung.

"Oh, Jungkook, it's fine! None of you had to call me by noona anyway, as long as you're comfortable with it, then I'm good." I informed quickly, taking a seat on the floor in front of them.

Jungkook turned his head to look back at me but quickly frowned.

"Y/n..noo- uh, Y/n. Why are you sitting on the floor?" He asked, wanting to reach out to me and place me on the bench.

I shook my head with a smile, my hands doing the same.

"No, no, it's fine, I like the floor." I joked, relaxing onto the polished marble.

"Fun!" Taehyung chirped and decided to lay down on the floor right next to me.

"Tae- Taehyung what are you doing?" I asked out of disbelief.

"Sleeping on the ground? C'mon, kook! Join me!" Taehyung chuckled and patted the floor.

Jungkook smiled and happily did so, and laid down on the other side of me that's unoccupied.

I sighed, rolling my eyes playfully and decided to join them on the floor as well. The coldness of the marble I once felt on my palms is now felt on my back.

Giggles were exchanged here and there, and while the two next to me continue to talk about anything that was on their minds, my mind has brought me back to the time where I barely knew Jungkook and Jimin that well. We went to the coral reefs. We laid down on the sea floor the same way I'm laying on the ground right now.

Upon reliving the memory, a soft smile had made itself known on my lips.

An abrupt cough froze us in our tracks and we all tilted our heads the same direction, only to find who I assume is Taehyung's mentor?

"Oh. Right. Well, I'll have to continue my lessons right now, I hope to hang out with you soon, Y/n." Taehyung said politely before getting up with a grunt and pulling Jungkook up with him.