XXI

I brought out the makeshift cauldron and made bottles out of the sand, forming them together and solidified them using powers. I had finished the potions and had at least around three bottles filled with the potion.

I sighed and placed the bottles aside, deciding to lay next to Jungkook.

"I'll get Jimin to hand these to Hoseok and Yoongi, tomorrow." I informed.

All of a sudden, Jungkook grabbed my hands and looked at me in my eyes, piercing my soul.

"Thank you Noona." He whispered.

"Don't worry about it. It's the least I could do." I smiled and raised my hand to caress his cheek.

He leaned into my palm and still kept eye contact.

"I love you." He whispered.

I was stunned, I have no idea why, hadn't he confessed through a song already? Why did these three words make any difference?

"Sorry." He whispered.

His lips came crashing into mine. His hand travelled towards my waist and the other held the back of my head. I was hesitant, but gave in anyway. We pulled each other impossibly closer, my hand entangled in his hair, and his hand secured along my body.

Our lips danced with a quiet melody and tongues interacting to glide underneath our colliding lips. The feeling was all too good. But my thoughts were quick enough to force me to part from Jungkook.

I've kissed Jimin and Yoongi, put them both on hold, saying: "I needed to figure out my feelings" while kissing other people. And now Jungkook was the next victim. Guilt started to rush through my veins and I looked down at my hands that laid on my lap.

"Jungkook..g-give me time." I stuttered.

I say the same thing, over and over again. I get the same reaction. I needed to stop.

"Oh." Jungkook muttered.

He slowly let go of me, but still looked at me as if I was the only precious thing he's ever treasured.

"That's alright Noona," he nodded.

"I'll understand what your choices will be and I'll respect it." He finished.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

Sorry for kissing you, sorry for giving you hope when I myself don't know if I could give you the happiness you yearn for.

Jungkook smiled and shook his head.

"There's nothing to apologise for, I'll wait for you..even if it means I have to wait for as long as I live." He informed.

My heart shattered. He had high hopes. What if I wasn't able to reciprocate his feelings? He'd be crushed.

I smiled weakly.

[ next day ]

I decided to leave early with the bottles of potions, it would make it easier if I had to spend hours looking for Jimin.

I stood at the entrance of the cave, staring at Jungkook who slept soundly on the sand.

"I'll be back." I whispered, as if he could hear me.

My tail worked fast as it dragged me through the entrance, out into the open ocean and back to where the shore was.

My head peaked out of the water and I spotted a wary Jimin looking out into the sea with disheveled bed hair.

"Jimin!" I called.

His head took a sharp turn to look at me, he winced and held his neck.

"Y/n!" He yelled back, ignoring the fact that his neck hurt.

"Are you alright? Is Jungkook alright?" He asked.

"We're fine!" I raised the three bottles made out of sand and made sure it was in view for Jimin's eyes.

"Give these to Yoongi and Hoseok! You should take one too, these are the potions. When you drink them, make sure you're in the water and meet us in the cave!" I quickly explained, swimming closer to shore to hand Jimin the vials of potion.

"Be careful." He said silently, taking the bottles from my hand.

He put the bottles in one arm and his free hand reached out to cup mine, he brought it up to his lips and kissed it.

"Take care of yourselves. We'll try to get there as soon as they come back." Jimin announced, smiling before he ran back to the sandy beach and up on the cobblestone road.

I blushed.

I dipped my head back into the water and decided to go back to Jungkook. Ignoring the way my heart fluttered at Jimin's small action.

[ later ]

"Jungkook? I'm back!" I yelled as I happily swam into the cave.

I frowned when I was greeted with the echoes of the huge cave.

"Jungkook?" I called out again.

The sudden mumbling I hear from behind me cause me to turn around frantically. My heart raced and I froze in my spot, jaw hanging from shock and fear.

"Hello beautiful." The same ugly siren greeted me with an evil grin.

In his arms was Jungkook, tied once again with his mouth covered with Trey's bony hand, his other hand held a sharp rock in the shape of a knife to his throat.

"Let him go." I tried to sound stern but my body and expressions weren't helping.

Trey pouted, his skeleton like features disappeared from the way he bloated his thin cheeks.

"Or else what? You'd attack me?" He cackled and held the knife closer to Jungkook's neck, drawing out little blood.

Jungkook winced quietly but the sound was muffled due to Trey's hand.

"What do you want?" I growled, desperation showing through my voice.

Trey drew back the knife and the same hand held his face in thought.

"Hm. You." He smiled.

"Having a mermaid would be much beneficial, I could attract the pirates, the humans at sea, and mermen." He smirked.

I glared at him, my eyes flinched towards Jungkook but quickly looking back at the dying siren.

"Fine. I'll go with you. But you let him go first." I tried to bargain.

His eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"How would I know you won't try to escape?" Trey asked, knife back to its original position.

I scoffed and held my arm out, silently ordering him to grab hold of it.

He smiled, grabbing onto my arm and letting go of Jungkook.

"No! Noona, please don't!" Jungkook cried, his arms tightly wrapped around my waist as he looked up at me with teary eyes.

"I'll be fine." I whispered and combed his hair.

He frowned and shook his head, holding onto me tightly.

"Get off, boy." Trey growled as he peeled Jungkook off of me.

Trey dragged me towards the exit of the cave and I followed, looking back at Jungkook.

"Noona!" He cried, swimming my way with an arm reaching out to me.

Trey glared at Jungkook and held the knife in a threatening position.

"Don't make me use this on you." He threatened.

Jungkook unwillingly let go and cried as he watched me disappear.