𝟮𝟮 | 𝗻𝗲𝘄

R O M E

Soft breaths fanned my neck when I opened my eyes. Ophelia's body was tucked into mine. Her face was in my neck and I wondered how she was able to breathe with her head completely pressed into me.

Her legs were wrapped around my thigh and her hands were around my bicep. Half of her weight was on my chest and I pushed her hair to the side.

Last night after we ate, Ophelia was tired so I scooped her in my arms and took her to my room.

She immediately fell asleep and curled like a ball in the middle of the bed.

I guess she found her way to me in the middle of the night.

I pressed a kiss to her forehead and stayed still, trying not to move as much as possible because I didn't want to wake her up.

It was not usual for me to sleep this late but I won't disturb her sleep.

My chest still hurts when I remember how I found her yesterday. Worried and exhausted.

How could I make her think that I was going to leave her? How could I be so careless and let my hatred for Noah take over me and in the process, I hurt my Ophelia?

I took hold of her hand and carefully brought it to my lips. I kissed the back of it and looked down at her.

Her cheeks were still covered with the pink dots and her eyes were shut close. She was still sound asleep.

I gently rubbed her back with my free hand and prepped light kisses all over her hair, temple, and forehead.

She tightened her hands around me and pressed her face further into my shoulder.

She really was hard to wake up in the morning. We have slept in the same room a few times and I knew she was like this, but today she was extra clingy and sleepy.

And fuck I love it.

An hour passed and she was still not moving. I was not used to sleeping this late and also I had planned to show her something today so I had to wake her up.

"Ophelia, baby wake up," I spoke softly trying not to startle her. She groaned and stared untying her hands and just when I thought that she was going to get up, she moved on top of me and laid on my chest.

"Noo..." She mumbled.

I felt the slow rhythm of her heartbeat against my chest and I closed my eyes at the sensation.

"Let's get up."

"You're mean." She said and tightened her hands around me. I used that opportunity to push myself up together with her and get up from the bed.

My eyes flew to the nightstand where the small clock was. Half past 12 am.

Ophelia stayed in my arms as I carried her to her room where her bathroom was. She had all of her stuff there.

We walked through the hallway and I heard shoes clacking on the marble floor.

It was the head maid Eleonora.