𝟭𝟲 | 𝗱𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘀

R O M E
age 18

I tightened my hands around me and leaned my head back on the brick wall.

My head was pounding and my swollen eye stung. It was painful. I did my best to wipe off the blood but there was still some smeared around my lips and nose.

Finn didn't hold back this time.

I still feel his punches on every part of my body.

My stomach felt like it was stabbed and I just hope he didn't break any of my bones.

Noah got what he wanted. They kicked me out of the house and I bet he is now satisfied.

It's like Finn waited for something to happen just so he could throw me out of their home. I guess I was too old for him now.

Disgusting bastard.

Everything turned out just like they wanted.

Someone had reported Finn for charging his customers more than he should. Which was exactly what I expected from him but I didn't know any of that.

Noah used that opportunity and threw all of the blame on me. It's not like Finn was ever going to listen to my explanation.

He didn't care.

A few days back, just as I got home, I was met with a furious Finn. I didn't know what was happening. Everything passed in a blur.

The lashes of his belt are still imprinted on my back and legs.

Noah's smirk was not going away. Even after I was on the floor covered in blood, no one helped me.

I had hoped maybe Alice was going to step up and do something. Anything. But she just stood there, her hand covering her mouth. Her eyes were filled with tears but she did nothing.

The whole time I thought that police was going to show up and at least do something. No one did.

No one.

It was at this time when I missed Mom the most. She should have been here. I know that she would have never allowed this to happen.

It was pathetic of me to expect someone else to save me but I needed her.

Finn was a huge guy and I was fairly skinny. I didn't have any chance against him.

It didn't help that I was constantly made to feel small and worthless. He made sure to break me in every way possible.

Maybe this was better for me. Even though I was on the street, I was away from him. He wasn't able to get near me anymore.

All of that was done.

So what if I had nowhere to go? I'll find a place eventually. I promised Mom that I was going to achieve my dreams and buy a huge mansion. I always told her that. And I will do it.

No matter what happens I will make those dreams come true. I won't break the promise I made to her.

A shaky breath escaped my lips and I felt a wetness run down my face.