𝟭𝟮 | 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲

O P H E L I A

I let my hair down and massage my scalp, trying to get rid of the uncomfortable pain. Maybe wearing my hair in a slick bun wasn't the best idea.

Taking my clothes off and replacing them with pajamas, was the next thing I did. I have noticed that I love being in pajamas all the time. They were comfortable and I never had the opportunity to walk around in such lazy wear.

I was always in pants and hoodies. Which was fine but sometimes I wanted to be just in something lighter.

Having literally everything didn't mean I should be ungrateful. I had to get myself together. I could lose all of this real quick.

After I was done with everything, I tucked the front strands of my hair behind my ears and walked towards the door.

I grabbed the knob and opened it. It was almost 10 pm and I couldn't sleep. I was still not sleepy.

I marched down the hallway and reached the living where spotted Rome on the sofa.

He was sat down and had his elbows leaned on his knees.

"Romeo?" I said and he turned his head around. I slowly made my way to him and popped myself onto the soft sofa close to him.

He had some type of lotion bottle in his hands. The sleeves of the black shirt were rolled up and he didn't have the gloves on.

"What is that?"

"For the burns." He whispered almost in shame. I felt like I got punched in the stomach at the look on his face.

Carefully, I extended my hand and took the bottle from him.

"Can I apply it?" I shifted so that I was facing him and tucked my legs underneath me. He nodded twice and I took hold of his hand and placed it on my thigh.

I opened the bottle and squeezed some of it in my hand. I scooped it with my finger and started gently applying it to his skin.

I took my time in doing so. We had time and also everyone else was already asleep. So there was no one walking around. It was only the maids who were allowed here and me.

I haven't seen any of the men. Except for Silas who was not here at the moment of course.

"Is this good?" The question left my lips and I lifted my eyes to him. A smile stretched on my face when I saw him staring at me.

His gaze was going from my eyes to my lips. The hotness from my neck traveled to my cheeks and settled there, making me blush and probably look like a tomato.

"Is it?"

"Huh?" His eyebrows creased together and his lips parted, he looked lost as if my voice startled him.

"Is this how I'm supposed to apply it?" I asked again and ran my fingers over his burned skin, smearing the lotion all around.

"Oh, that... yes it's good." He mumbled, barely getting the words out correctly.

I got a hold of his other hand and started to do the same as I did before. Rome stayed quiet as I applied the lotion.