𝟭𝟰 | 𝗸𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗻

O P H E L I A

Okay, maybe I really was making scenarios about Rome in my head.

But how could I not when he was always doing something that made my stomach clench with nervousness? Good kind of nervousness. Fine, amazing kind of nervousness that makes me beam with happiness every time I'm around him.

Every time I closed my eyes, his face appeared in front of me. His gorgeous soft hair, his dazzling blue eyes, his full lips, and his adorable smile.

Could it be that I have a crush on him?

Definitely.

I wasn't going to lie to myself anymore. I had a crush on Rome. Big crush that consumed my mind every second of the day.

Was this good for me though? Probably not because he might not even think of me in that way.

He sure doesn't. Why would he?

I guess I'll just suffer in silence.

Since that day when I said those stupid words to him, I can't even look him in the face. What has gotten into me to utter those words out loud?

He now definitely thinks that I'm a creep who fantasizes about having kids with him.

And he's right. Not the creep part.

I rolled around and buried my face in the squishy pillows. A loud scream escaped my throat. The muffled sound reached my ears and I realized how stupid I sounded and acted.

I never in my life had a crush on anyone. There wasn't exactly anyone for me to choose and have a crush on.

I didn't have friends and never actually had a real conversation with a man before. Arguments here and there but mostly with drunk men who only tried to make trouble for me.

And now Rome, the only person to sweep me off my feet.

I turned around again and stared at the ceiling. The fire from the fireplace was lightly illuminating the room.

The clock on the nightstand showed that it was past 1 am.

My throat felt dry and I pushed myself up with my hands and sat up on the bed. The comforter fell down to my waist and I felt a slight chill overcome me for a second.

The bottle on the nightstand was empty and I groaned while tilting my head back.

Really? Now I had to get up from my warm bed.

Slowly and lazily, I pushed the thick sheet off my body and swung my legs over the bed.

I slid my feet into the fluffy slippers and stood on my legs. The next thing I did was grab a hoodie and throw it over my body.

For my hair, I tied it up in a ponytail and exited the room.

The hallways were quiet and I tiptoed, trying to make as little sound as I could. I didn't want to accidentally wake someone up.

Even though it was only me and Rome, the maids still had their quarter that was close to the kitchen.

I usually see them during the day but they don't have that much time to chat around, they have work. And I admire them for that. They were hard-working ladies.