[𝟑𝟐.] 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭'𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

_______ 💉 ______         The journey continued in silence, the echoes of their intense mission still resonating in the air

               _______ 💉 ______

The journey continued in silence, the echoes of their intense mission still resonating in the air.
The team's fatigue was palpable, burdened by the weight of their recent discoveries, as the vehicle sped through the tranquil night.

The Commander, his lilac eyes reflecting a blend of weariness and curiosity, studied the expressions of his team through the rear-view mirror.
Before he could punctuate the silence with a word, a sudden ringtone shattered the quiet atmosphere.
The same soldier as before, clearly embarrassed by the childlike melody of "Baby Shark by Cocomelon," hastily silenced the phone but then decided to put the call on speaker.

"Hey, this is Slick Nick reporting for duty, how're you doing, Commander?" Slick Nick's voice, filled with a hint of mischief, resonated through the speaker.

"Very funny, Nick..." A soldier remarked, his chuckle spreading among the others in the vehicle.

"What is it that you want?" The Commander inquired, his eyes casually observing the camaraderie forming among the soldiers.

"So, uh, Commander... Mind if we go to that bar again?"

The suggestion sparked laughter among the men, creating a brief moment of lightness amidst the serious tone that had persisted throughout the mission.
Even the Head Experimenter couldn't resist cracking a faint smile at the camaraderie within the team.

The suggestion sparked laughter among the men, creating a brief moment of lightness amidst the serious tone that had persisted throughout the mission.
Even the Commander couldn't resist cracking a smile at the camaraderie within the team.

"Fine, just remember that I won't be paying any of your drinks tonight."
The Commander replied, his words met with more laughter.

         The laughter continued as the team anticipated a well-deserved break

The prospect of a night at the bar provided a momentary escape from the complexities of their mission and the looming threat of the Lightbane weapon.

As the vehicle approached the bar, the atmosphere shifted from tension to anticipation.
The team, still reveling in the shared laughter, looked forward to a night of camaraderie and relaxation.
Upon reaching the bar, the team filed out of the vehicle, eager for a change of scenery. The sound of lively chatter and music spilled into the night as they entered the establishment.

The night enveloped them in a tranquil atmosphere as the commander and the Head Experimenter sat on the hood of the armored van, observing their team members heading towards the inviting glow of the establishment.
Laughter and the promise of camaraderie echoed in the air, a stark contrast to the seriousness of their recent mission.

"You know," Vincent began, his gaze fixed on the distant lights of the establishment,
"Leading a team is no easy task.
But moments like these, the shared victories and even the setbacks, make it worthwhile."

Walden, though usually reserved, found himself drawn into his openness.
"It's evident you care deeply about your team, Commander. That's something not every leader possesses, at least from what I can see or hear from others."

His lilac eyes, normally shrouded in determination, now revealed a layer of vulnerability.
"I would never trade them for anything, they're more than just a team to me.
They're family."

The revelation seemed to catch Walden off guard, and for a brief moment, their eyes met in a shared understanding.
As the conversation meandered into their respective backgrounds and experiences, Vincent's gloved hand rested casually on the hood of the armored van.
In a subtle turn of events, their fingers found themselves in close proximity.

A fleeting moment unfolded when his gloved fingertips accidentally brushed against Walden's.
The touch, though unintentional, carried an electric charge that resonated through both men.
Walden, caught off guard by the unexpected contact, instinctively moved his hand away, the embarrassment coloring his stoic expression.

Vincent, sensing the unspoken tension lingering in the air, decided to steer the conversation in a different direction.

"Well, it's been a long night." He remarked, his lilac eyes meeting Walden's for a brief moment.

"Let's head back and regroup with the team. We have a blueprint to secure and decisions to make."

"Or perhaps it's best we take a break, that mission can wait for tomorrow."
Walden suggested, breaking the silence as they both slowly made their way towards the bustling establishment.

His unexpected suggestion surprised him, but he pondered it thoughtfully.
It marked a departure from the usual mission structure, recognizing the toll of the night and subtly acknowledging each member's personal sacrifices.

"Taking a break might not be a bad idea."
He admitted, his voice carrying the weight of the night's challenges.

"We've been through a lot, and a little respite could do wonders for the team."