[𝟏𝟏.] 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬

"The first meeting is a canvas awaiting the brushstrokes of our impressions, a fleeting moment that holds the power to paint the entire picture of a lasting connection

"The first meeting is a canvas awaiting the brushstrokes of our impressions, a fleeting moment that holds the power to paint the entire picture of a lasting connection."

_______ ⏳ _______

Two years ago...

Vincent stood behind the Head Director, a bead of sweat trickling down his cheek as uncertainty filled his eyes.
His gaze shifted towards the other man in the room, arms crossed and radiating hostility.
To Vincent, every twitch of the man's brow felt like a glare, those crossed arms were loaded with judgment too.

The Head Director, a sly grin playing on his lips, cast a knowing glance at both men.
He found their initial encounter rather amusing, to say the least.
In his usual mischievous fashion, he relished in letting the tension build rather than diffusing it.

With a sly grin, the Head Director finally decided to intervene, his tone carrying an undertone of enjoyment as he addressed the duo,

"Gentlemen, let's not turn this briefing into a starring contest.
We're all on the same team here, even if it doesn't seem like it right now."

Vincent's face twisted with judgment the moment those feigned pleasantries left the Head Director's lips.
He saw right through the act, fully aware that the Head Director was relishing the tension between them.

The Head Experimenter, on the other hand, scoffed at the mere mention of 'collaboration.'
He leaned back at the table, his prosthetic fingers impatiently tapping against his sleeves.

"Collaboration?" He scoffed, his voice laced with skepticism and refusal.

"I'm afraid I must kindly refuse your offer of collaboration."

"Imagine the possibilities," the Head Director urged,
"The breakthroughs you and him could achieve together."

The Head Director, undeterred, locked eyes with the Head Experimenter - his face obscured by a mask that was nothing more than a swirling void of glitches.

"I sincerely believe this collaboration will benefit both of you greatly."

The Head Director insisted, his words dripping with persuasion.

However, the Head Experimenter was rather dense, failing to discern the falsehoods woven into the Head Director's words.
Every sentence was a mixture of truths and lies, making it nearly impossible to distinguish fact from fiction.
Vincent, though silent, sensed the disconcerting aura that emanated from this man, someone he knew all too well.

In the end, the Head Experimenter groaned in defeat,  

"Fine, I'll do it." He muttered, pointing his clawed finger first at the Head Director, his decision clear: he would reluctantly enter into this collaboration, hoping that it would indeed deliver the promised benefits.

Vincent's intention to speak was abruptly stifled by the Head Director's knowing smile.
It was a smile that held a clear message: silence would serve him best in this moment.

He bit back his words, recognizing the precarious position he was in.
Provoking the Head Director would lead to nothing but trouble, and he couldn't afford that.
With a heavy sigh, he settled into an uneasy silence, allowing the discussion to continue without his input.

His lilac eyes, filled with turmoil, briefly met the Head Experimenter's crimson ones.
The glance was fleeting, yet it carried a weight of unfamiliarity.
They were two individuals forced to collaborate, and it was clear that they were strangers in more ways than one.