[𝟓.] 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐲, 𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

_______ 💉 ______

              _______ 💉 ______

The team moves into position, seemingly awaiting for him to give the order to attack this elusive subject.
With one hand tightly grasping the radio in his coat pocket, ready to give the signal to the approaching subject.

"Stay alert; the target will most likely appear any minute now."

As he had instructed, there is complete silence throughout the entire area; not even the people crouching inside the tall building are making any noise as they wait for the signal.

A shadowy figure emerges, its shape changing and surroundings distorting.
It becomes spherical, indicating the ability to teleport.

This immediately catches the team's attention, their gaze narrowing as the subject they've been ordered to deal with is finally in their sight.
When the subject fully emerges, their entire physical appearance is that of an ordinary teen.

The squad surrounds and prepares to shoot the escaped test subject, fixated on it, while charging down the building.

"Sir! We have spotted the escaped anomaly! Do we have permission to shoot?!"
One of the squad members calls out.

He responds to the radio in a chilly tone,
"Take them out."

Their gaze returns to the rest of his squad, who are now firmly planted in their positions, rifles drawn.
Some members of the squad appear nervous, their eyes wide as they stare at the escaped teen.

"Don't make this too difficult for us."

They have a fearful expression on their face as they realize the danger of the situation.
What the men don't realize is that they'll have to try to flee and hope that their abilities work quickly enough for them to get away before anything bad happens.
Their mind appears to be racing so fast that it is almost impossible to think.

The young teen, who is now in a state of panic as the soldiers get closer, tries to flee from them.
When the subject looks up after sensing that nothing has changed, she is shaken and shocked to discover that her teleportation ability isn't working.

Beneath the moon's glow, hexagonal patterns shimmer on a screen crafted from virtual cyan glass.
The screen expands, enclosing the warehouse and its surroundings, confining them within its borders.
That transparent virtual screen was primarily used for subjects with specific abilities to escape without being detected from the "Digital Confinement-Space", and it certainly comes in handy right now.

"What the..." The subject manages to let out a shocked exclamation of surprise as they stare in shock at the screen before them.

They were completely unaware of the amazing technology they possessed, finding it terrifying as they gazed into the unfamiliar screen.
Their fear intensified when they discovered it was blocking their escape with their abilities.

As Vincent watches from his perch at the very top of the building, the soldiers continue to close the distance on the subject, their firearms aimed directly at them.
He says, with a tap of his radio earpiece,

"Fire."

A hail of bullets falls on the subject.
They successfully avoid being struck.
It scares the subject so much that they become even more terrified than they were before.
Unable to move, they strive for transparency, hindered by the Confinement-Space that envelops them.

"Sh-t! They've gone invisible again!" Yelled one of the men, their weapons pointing aimlessly in every direction.

In their prior discussion, it was anticipated that no harm would come to her when she turned invisible as the bullets would be ineffective.

"Don't panic... They won't be able to teleport away, as long as the digital confinement-space is present." Vincent assured, who watches the situation from the rooftop.

His posture was hunched to the point where no one could see him except for the barrel of his rifle poking through the shattered window.

Trapped and unable to teleport, the anomaly grew frustrated and desperate, pounding on the wall in a futile attempt to break free.
Fear consumes them as their confinement persists.

In a frenzy, the subject flickers back and forth, teleporting in every direction.
This caused the startled men to aimlessly open fire, with one of them being shot in the shoulder.
This caused a commotion as they attempted to shoot countless bullets at the subject, but it was futile as they merely penetrated out of the subject's body.

As he observes the current situation down there, the Commander above clicked his tongue in annoyance.
His gloved hand was resting on the trigger, ready to pull it when a specific condition was met.

"Go for the corners!" He yells into his radio, which is tuned to the soldiers' frequency.

Soon after the subject regains visibility, the soldiers fire another round of shots at it, attempting to hit the corners that the commander instructed them to target.

After the subject teleports away, the shots miss her and strike the walls, leaving small dents.
The soldiers are at a loss for what to do at this point because their plan, -which the commander instructed them to carry out-, does not appear to be working and they are unable to capture the subject.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
‼️This chapter has been rewritten for the sole purpose of renewing the plot of this story.
I would like to advise readers, -who had been reading this book for a few months-, to reread the newer version of this book.
Thank you and have a great day, readers!
(⁠/⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠(⁠-⁠ω⁠-⁠)