[𝟏𝟗.] 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐞

_______ ⏳ ______                	   

               _______ ⏳ ______

Outside the lab, Vincent leaned against a cold, sterile corridor wall, his mind swirling with conflicting thoughts and emotions.
He knew that walking away from their argument hadn't provided the answers he sought, but it had given him a moment of respite from the suffocating atmosphere of the laboratory.

As he gazed down the seemingly endless corridor, he contemplated his place in the grand design of the research facility.
He was just one cog in a vast and intricate machine, and his actions, though small in the grand scheme of things, had consequences that rippled through the lives of others.  

Vincent knew that he couldn't change the course of their research on his own, but he also couldn't ignore the nagging doubts that tugged at his conscience.
He wondered if there was a way to reconcile their pursuit of knowledge with a sense of morality that would allow him to sleep at night.              

              	                 	    The day of the data collection mission had finally arrived, bringing with it a heightened sense of anticipation and tension

Researchers and scientists bustled around, their white lab coats contrasting starkly with the sterile environment of the facility.
It was a day like any other in this secretive world of experiments and discoveries, yet there was an undercurrent of unease that lingered in the air.  

A small contingent of guards was present, standing vigilant behind the scientists.
Among them was Vincent, a conspicuous figure in his dark attire amidst a sea of lab coats.
He knew he didn't quite fit in with the rest of the personnel on this mission, but he had a role to play.  

As Vincent surveyed the gathering, his gaze settled on a familiar face with striking blue hair.
The head experimenter was deep in conversation with the other scientists, their voices carrying snippets of the plan and its intricate details.
Vincent watched him closely, his expression a mix of curiosity and detachment.  

Sometimes, as his lilac eyes met the crimson ones of the head experimenter, a moment of silent tension would pass between them.
It was an unspoken acknowledgment of their shared history, including the argument that had driven a wedge between them a few weeks earlier.
The head experimenter would quickly avert his gaze, choosing to focus on the task at hand rather than dwell on past conflicts.  

After the extensive planning and briefing session, the group was divided into two distinct teams.
The first group, consisting of a mixture of researchers, scientists and guards, entered the elevator.
The second group remained patiently outside, waiting for the elevator to return to pick them up before they could proceed with their part of the mission.