[𝟑.] 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲

"Sometimes, your greatest gifts are hidden beneath layers waiting to be unveiled

"Sometimes, your greatest gifts are hidden beneath layers waiting to be unveiled."

              _______ 💉 ______

Vincent found himself in a surreal situation as the "new leader" of this unexpected group.
His mind was a whirlwind of doubts and questions.

'Was he truly qualified for this role?'
'Could he actually handle the responsibilities that had been thrust upon him?'
'Is this really worth it?'

Vincent, unaccustomed to leadership, steadied his nerves and took a deep breath. He preferred working alone, as it caused fewer problems and arguments.

The racket of sounds, -the ringing notifications, the snapping of cans, the scratching of pens on paper-, nagged his senses, overwhelming his pointy ears.
It was a stark contrast to the quiet solitude he was used to, and it grated on his nerves.

Vincent, feeling uncomfortable, gathered his resolve and stood up.
He decided to assert himself, stepping outside his comfort zone.
He cleared his throat to gain everyone's attention.
The sudden silence surprised him.
The soldiers, unexpectedly disciplined, snapped to attention. Regaining his composure, Vincent displayed a folder for everyone to see.

Despite his inner turmoil, he confidently approached a desk and placed a folder before a crowd of soldiers.
He began describing the new assignment, with a shaky voice at first, but soon gained composure and explained the task clearly and concisely.

As he spoke, he noticed a soldier raise a hand.
"Sir, who assigned this mission?" The soldier inquired, his tone laced with curiosity.

Vincent hesitated for a moment before answering,

"He's an ... Old friend of mine.
A tad inches shorter as I am, messy pompadour." He described, as he continues,
"He's got that grouchy demeanor, like a grumpy cat throwing tantrums 24/7, I'm sure you know him."

Amidst laughter, Vincent's embarrassed cheeks flushed as he described the situation.
But he regained composure, and the soldiers eagerly listened.
He then explained the mission - a breach in the factory walls had allowed an anomaly to escape.

"Are there any objections or concerns regarding this assignment?"

The soldiers responded in unison, their voices echoing their commitment to the task at hand.
With a nod of acknowledgment, Vincent concluded the meeting.

The soldiers began to disperse, already preparing themselves for the mission that lay ahead.
As the room emptied, Vincent leaned against the desk he had stood beside, a mix of relief and uncertainty flooding through him.

"Dear me... Luck will never be on my side."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
‼️This chapter has been rewritten for the sole purpose of renewing the plot of this story.
I would like to advise readers, -who had been reading this book for a few months-, to reread the newer version of this book.
Thank you and have a great day, readers!
(⁠/⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠(⁠-⁠ω⁠-⁠)