[𝟏𝟖.] 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬

"What's right to some may be wrong to others

But in a world like this, questioning the status quo can be dangerous.
It can lead to consequences we might not be prepared to face."

              _______ ⏳ ______

Vincent stormed away from the Head Director's office, paying little heed to the scientists and guards he bumped into along the way.
His single-minded determination to put distance between himself and that unsettling encounter earned him a few disgruntled groans from those he crossed paths with.

Eventually, he came to a halt, having walked for what felt like an eternity away from the Head Director's lair.
His anger pulsed through him, his fists clenched so tightly that his gloves might have torn.
The memory of the Head Director's sickly sweet tone, emphasizing Vincent's supposed lack of emotions as a non-human, gnawed at him.
He couldn't contain his fury any longer.

Vincent gritted his teeth, his once-lilac eyes narrowing to menacing slits.
With a swift motion, he raised his arm and slammed it into the once-pristine white walls of the corridor.
The impact left an unsightly dent, accompanied by spiderweb-like cracks radiating outward.
It was an eruption of his pent-up frustration and a stark reminder of his inhuman strength.

After the outburst, he took a moment to collect himself, his chest heaving as he tried to regain control.
Breathing heavily, Vincent slowly withdrew his trembling arm as it fell back to his side, his eyes briefly scanned the damage he had wrought.
He knew, deep down, that he wasn't human, and he resented the Head Director for needlessly rubbing it in.

With an almost mechanical detachment, he offered a muttered, unexpected apology for the destruction he had caused.
His words hung in the air, a stark contrast to the otherwise sterile and emotionless atmosphere of the facility.

Seeking a distraction from the troubling encounter, Vincent decided to pay a visit to Walden's laboratory.
As he navigated the labyrinthine corridors, he encountered a cluster of guards and scientists who appeared to be in a hurry.
They brushed past him without so much as an apology, their urgency palpable.

Vincent couldn't help but notice the commotion but dismissed it as yet another facet of the peculiarities of this secretive facility.
The guards and scientists were simply playing their roles, and he had more pressing matters to attend to in Walden's lab.