[𝟐𝟕.] 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

_______ 💉 ______

                _______ 💉 ______

The day arrived swiftly, transforming hours into mere minutes. 
The hangar buzzed with activity as armed soldiers filled the space, perched on armored vans or meandering about.

In a quiet corner, the commander huddled with his team, immersed in briefing them on the mission's intricacies.
Just as he was delving into the details, a rhythmic chorus of approaching footsteps interrupted his discourse, drawing his attention.

A woman's voice called out to the commander, breaking his train of thoughts. 

"Commander." She greeted, her tone direct and assertive. 

He turned his attention toward her, finding a woman of considerable height and muscular build. 
Her eyes, a striking shade of gold, met his reserved lilac gaze.
Though she was a familiar face in his team, their interactions had been limited to the necessities of their missions.

The commander emitted a nonchalant hum, signifying his acknowledgment of the formidable woman.

She cut straight to the point, asking, "Should we consider using dynamites for this raid mission?" 

The commander, considering the tactical implications, responded,
"Yes, it's necessary. In case things go awry, we need the option to detonate with a set timeframe."

Upon receiving a nod from Akira, the commander watched as she muttered a quiet thank you, swiftly turning on her heels and departing in silence.

As the group that had been interrupted continued to fixate on the commander, he caught wind of their surprised gazes.

"What is it?" The commander questioned, prompting an uneasy shuffle among the soldiers.

A nervous soldier finally mustered the courage to inquire about the commander's seemingly unyielding resistance to Akira's intense gaze. 

"Commander, how did you even manage to withstand Akira's stare?" He asked, his voice laced with a hint of anxiety.

The commander arched a brow, registering that the stern woman's name was Akira.
Glancing over his shoulder, he observed the woman, engaged in a conversation with another soldier responsible for handling the dynamites.

"What's the big deal about her?" He asked, a note of curiosity lacing his words.

One soldier nonchalantly shrugged, attributing the unease to Akira's unwavering expression. "Her gaze freaks out some of the new recruits." They explained.

"Yeah, and she's got a close friend who fought alongside her; Joshua, a pyromaniac fashionist, they're quite the inseparable bunch.
Talk about their sibling like relationship..."

Intrigued, the commander probed further, inquiring about the whereabouts of this mysterious friend. "Where's her friend then?"

"Probably slacking off somewhere, sir. No one really knows."

The commander sighed, his tone tinged with sarcasm as he muttered, "Me and this unique bunch..."