[𝟏𝟒.] 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐞

"The past is like a relentless shadow, it has a way of chasing us, whispering its stories in the corners of our minds

"The past is like a relentless shadow, it has a way of chasing us, whispering its stories in the corners of our minds."

               _______ ⏳ ______

Vincent stood alone in a shadowy corner of the factory, his gaze fixed on the horrific scene he had stumbled upon weeks ago.
The weight of that gruesome discovery had ignited a sudden and painful flashback to his past life, a life he had fought so hard to leave behind.

As the memories rushed back with cruel clarity, Vincent's hand instinctively rose to his head, as if trying to shield himself from the relentless onslaught of recollection.
But it was not his own past he was trying to escape; it was the memory of the nightmarish experiments he had been subjected to.

A deafening sound filled his sensitive ears, drowning out the present and pulling him deeper into the abyss of his own traumatic history.

{{{ T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶r̶u̶c̶i̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶i̶s̶c̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶i̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶u̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶d̶,̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶r̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶r̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶p̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶r̶e̶h̶e̶n̶d̶.̶ }}}

He groaned, the sound escaping his lips in a desperate attempt to break free from the clutches of his past.
The spark of those haunting memories crept closer, intensifying with each passing moment. Vincent fought to suppress them, but it was like trying to hold back a tidal wave with his bare hands.

Then, a lifeline emerged in the form of a deep breath.

He clung to it like a drowning man gasping for air, repeating a mantra in his mind.

"It's all in the past... It's not real... this is not real..."
Vincent whispered the words, his voice trembling with the effort to convince himself to let go of the painful memories.

With each repetition of the mantra, he took another deep, shaky breath, willing himself to return to the present.
The blurriness that had threatened to consume his vision began to recede, slowly replaced by a moment of tranquility he so desperately needed.

Once Vincent felt that he had regained control over his senses, he sighed heavily.
A bead of sweat trickled down his forehead, and he wiped it away with the back of his hand.
The pressure of the horrific experience he had witnessed still weighed heavily on him. His curiosity, the very thing that had driven him to investigate, had left a lasting scar on his psyche, one he deeply regretted.