Chapter Fourty Six

——
'She's the type of flower that can still grow after a forest fire.'
~ Acrewss ~
——

Lost
~~
Milo

Anger is an emotion I've felt before. I've been angry at my parents for leaving. Hell, I was angry at Izzy for leaving too. This emotion though, I've never felt. Gut wrenching fear for the women that I love. She's gone, and they aren't even doing anything about it.

"Son," My head lifts and I feel myself grimace and shiver. I can handle anger. I can control anger. I can't stop my brain from coming up with every possible thing that has happened to Isabelle. I can't control the way fear has stricken my bones in place.

A hand is placed on my shoulder, and I shake it off.

She is ok. She has to be ok, and if I even begin to think of her not being ok...

"Milo." I realized I was staring at John, but not listening to him. It turns out that, even though I'm scared, my body is still vibrating with anger. I stand from my seat from the cold wooden chair and lean over the desk that Micheal–Henry's dad–is sitting at.

He's on the phone, but I pay no mind to that. "Why didn't you follow them?" I suck in a sharp breath when I see John stand up beside me. "Son–"

"You could've shot him, followed him. Tracked the car–actually no, why aren't you tracking the car right now! God dammit! Someone took her, and you're just–you're not even–" I grip my chest tightly and turn around, beginning to pace the room.

Micheal hangs up the phone with a solemn look on his face at the same time that John comes into my face and grips both my shoulders tightly. I push him hard, and he stumbles backwards. "You're not doing anything either! Why are we all just sitting here and waiting!"

John doesn't seem phased by my shove, and again comes towards me. "Milo, breathe." He holds my biceps this time, tears brimming in his eyes. "We're doing all we can. He had a gun, it wasn't safe to try anything when he could still see us." His voice is soft, and calm, too calm.

Our heads are drawn towards the creaking of Micheals chair. From the way his eyebrows are pulled, and his head is tilted in shame, I know whatever he is about to say is not going to be good.

"We tracked the license plate. It was reported stolen as we assumed it would be." He sucks in a long breath. "Someone spotted the car late last night parked at a hotel just outside of the town. The owner didn't realize it was our car until they went to take a look at it after realizing no customer had come in from it."

I turn my full body towards him, having sun shine directly into my face from the early morning sky outside the window. "What are you saying?" I knew what he was saying, I just didn't want to believe it. "They weren't there, but there was blood smeared on the window. We're running it right now but it is likely Isabelles, and with it being the next morning–"

"They could be anywhere. We–You don't know where they could be at all." I whisper, feeling another wave of molten terror grip my body. "We're doing everything he can right now, I just sent investigators to the motel to talk to the people taking residence there to see if they saw anything."

I don't get time to say another word because a knock sounds from the door, and a second later Blake walks in. I can't stop myself from bolting towards him and slamming him against the wall. "You didn't stop them, you're the reason—"

A firm grip on my shoulder yanks me off of Blake and spins me around. "Quit it, Milo. I am telling you right now if you keep his bad boy bitch mood up it is not going to help us in any way to find my little girl. Are we clear?" He punctuated the last question with a frim finger poke to my chest.

I take a slow intake of air, and close my eyes. He's right. You know he's right. "Ok, yes," I turned around to look at Blake. "Sorry." I mumble quietly and slump myself into a chair.

"I get it." He responds and walks towards Micheal. Henry's dad gestures towards the seat beside me that John was once sitting at for Blake to sit in, and he does.

It's right there, that it clicks. Blake is Ethan's brother. If anyone is going to know where he could have taken him, it would be Ethan. I realize that is exactly what Micheal was thinking.

"When Liam used to get drunk," He clears his throat and rubs the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Before, as in years ago. He would always be mumbling about getting her and taking her to a pretty little house in a nicely wooded area." His eyes darted to me.

"At the time, I figured he was talking about his future wife, or maybe a girl he liked at school but now...if Ethan is obsessed with Isabelle as much as Liam was, maybe...maybe he's trying to finish what Liam couldn't do. Maybe...I don't know, it's something." He shrugs, and slumps backwards in his chair.

He looks up uncomfortably at Micheal. "There were also these types of drugs Ethan had that he would give people. Date-rape, or uhm, I think some paralyse thing? I threw whatever I could away, and tried to get him to stop handing them out to monsters. It never ended well for me." The scars up and down his arm are proof enough of that.

I'm sure with Blakes size now, he can easily fight Ethan off, but with the trauma he's lived...it might still be harder mentally. I shake off the feeling of pity for him. I know I wouldn't want people to pity me.

I think, in another life, Blake and I could've been closer. In a world where he wasn't abused, and my drug dealer.

"Anyway," He continues, "Just be careful, it's very effective stuff and lasts a while." The way he swallows has me shivering, and thinking he possibly has that information from a very personal experience.

"Thank you, Blake. That was really good." Micheal smiles and dodges the fact that he was talking about illegal drugs, and not having reported them. The police officer in front of us pulls out his radio and clicks a button on the side. "I want three cars out looking for secluded houses in the woods anywhere outside of the town. Bring the dogs, I've been informed there are paralysis drugs. Also at least one helicopter overhead looking out for family size houses." He breathes deeply while the officers on the other end respond affirmatively.

"We're going to find this bastard. We're going to to Isabelle back." He states this while looking straight at me, and I finally feel something besides fear. Hope. He looks up at John next. "I'm going to get on one of the helicopters with medic as well." I heard the unspoken words. We don't know what he's done, or what we are walking into. "I'm coming with you."

Micheal sighs deeply. "Milo, this really isn't a good idea-"

"I don't care. You can't stop me. I am coming." John stays quiet with Micheal stares at me. Then he grins. "I just said it was a bad idea. I've known you your whole life boy. If you're coming, you stay inside of the helicopter the whole time, understood?" I don't answer him, and he doesn't push me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Sorry this one is short, but I just wanted to give a short perspective from Milo for you guys. The next one should be up soon as well.

I hope everyone has had an amazing Christmas and and New Year!! If u don't celebrate, I hope the holidays have been good!!