Chapter Sixteen

——
'If two people can't seem to stay away
from each other maybe they aren't
supposed to.'
~ Unknown ~
——

SPIDERS
~~
Isabelle

I love having a plan for each day. I like waking up early so that I can process what I will be doing that day. I'm never late to parties, or when meeting up with someone. If anything, I'm early. I need to be productive during the day because if I'm not, my brain swallows me whole.

Which all leads back to why I don't like rainy weather. You can't plan, or predict when the rain will stop and start so you can't plan around it.

It sucks.

So the first thing I wake up to on Saturday morning is a headache, because it's already raining, and my head is already in a swirl.

I was instantly awake before everyone else–totally not anywhere near Milo Wesley, because that would be crazy–and sulking because I knew, I knew exactly what those dark clouds were going to bring.

I was eating an apple, slouched on the seat in the kitchen, drinking a glass of water when I heard the first sound of thunder.

I've always tried to stay in a good mode, and not only for myself but for others. I don't like being sad, or grumpy, and I most definitely try to find the best in every situation.

Although I don't think there is a 'best' scenario when it's raining.

My spine straightens when I hear footsteps coming from the stairs. My friends are all still asleep in the living room, and my parents bedroom is behind the stairs.

That means it could only be one other person.

A tired, half awake looking Luna comes waltzing into the kitchen, barely standing on her feet. She doesn't seem to notice my presence as she grabs a glass of water and starts filling it up at the fridge.

"Good morning." I exclaim cheerfully, smiling at her when she looks over to me. She looks startled, wide eyed like a racoon caught in your trash can.

Then her eyes narrow, and turn back to her water. "Morning." She grumbles with a croaky voice, and stumbles out of the kitchen.

Progress.

I nod my head to myself with a smile, thinking maybe this day won't be too bad. Although my happiness is short-lived.

I suppress a 'jaw drop' moment, when Milo now walks up the small step into the kitchen from the opposite side as Luna. The side that also leads to the living room to the right of me.

His hair is a mess sticking every which way, and he's freaking shirtless. He's shirtless. That's all my brain can think of. That's all my brain can comprehend.

I think I may be drooling, which I hope I'm not because that would be embarrassing, but I can't stop looking. Not just at him. I mean don't get me wrong, he's got abs, and sweet sweet muscles–no, ok, no.

I'm mostly looking at the tattoos though. I've seen them before. Obviously I saw small glances from afar at the beach, but here, now, I can see them a lot more clearly.