Chapter Ten

——
'They stood there pretending
to just be friends when all the while
everyone in the room could plainly see that
they were only existing
for each other'
~ Unknown ~
——

A Birthday Cake and Tears
~~
Milo

"No."

"No?"

"Yes, no." I emphasize again, for the millionth time tonight. "But there's so much sexually tension between you too. I can't even breathe when I'm near." Henry exaggerates, again. Noah nods his head along and flops down onto my bed.

"No, there isn't." I sigh again, rubbing my face up and down in annoyance. They won't let this go. They haven't let it go since the beach. "You're telling me you haven't gotten hard once since she's been back." Yes, I have. My eyes narrow at Henry's. "No, I haven't."

"I call bullshit." Henry states. "Your bullshit." I retorted. They both smirk, and I realize what I did. I fed into their claims. There fucking try to get a reaction out of me. "Don't even say it."

"You like her." I throw my hands into the air and shake my head at the ceiling. They're never gonna let this go. "I don't like her like that." I threw my clothes that were on the floor into the laundry bin. "Oh, yeah?" Noah asks, totally not convinced. "Yes." He jumps off the bed and runs off to the guest room.

Henry quirks an eyebrow smirking and folding his arms over his head. Noah comes back holding a blue piece of fabric in his hands. No, a dress. Isabelle's dress. "So what's this doing then." I go to grab it but he just moves his hand away. "If I remember correctly, wasn't Isabelle wearing this yesterday?" I actually blush. Jesus Christ

I feel the heat coming up my face and it only makes him smile more. God dammit. "Got something to explain Wesly?" Henry taunts. I groan into my hands and shake my head. "She was drunk out of her mind, I wasn't letting her stay there." I growl.

"Isabelle was drunk?" Henry asks, baffled. "Yeah, it was so funny." Noah laughs, shaking his head. "You saw her and then left her drunk and alone?" I growl at Noah. He holds up his hands up and backs away slowly. "Simmer down, you ogore." He laughs. I lunge onto him, knocking us both onto the ground.

He's laughing his ass off as I plan out his murder. His slow, painful death. "I hate you." I say with no violence in it. Actually a smirk rolling onto my lips. "I love you too buddy." He pats my shoulder and then pulls his hands away and makes a heart with them over his chest.

I roll my eyes and get off him. "Your such a weirdo."

"You know you love it." He winks, shuffling to his feet. "So, just cause you let Isabelle sleep here still doesn't explain why her dress is here." Henry states. Noah and I look back at him laying on his bed with his phone in his hands. "You know something." I narrow my eyes. "Of course I know something. You forget my girlfriend is her best friend."

"What is it?" He shakes his head and starts typing away at his phone. "Bros before—" Noah begins, but doesn't't get far.

"Finish that sentence and you won't have a tongue to speak with." Henry growls, his demeanor instantly changing. "You're so whipped." I state with a small laugh. "It's kinda disturbing."

Henry and Lottie have liked each other for as long as I can remember but only a couple months ago did he grow a pair to ask her out. "Not letting him call my girlfriend a hoe isn't being whipped. It's called human fucking decency." He grumbles.