Chapter Thirty Nine

——
'Isn't is strange that we talk least about the things we think about most?'
~ Charles Lindbergh ~
——

Beach Party II
~~
Isabelle

Milo hasn't left my house yet. It's not a bad thing, but it's not exactly a good thing either. I need to go, and figure out the missing pieces to my past that I can't' remember for the life of me, but I can't do it while he's here.

I don't have it in me to lie. I mean, what if he asks to come? He thinks I'm going to Mama Hazels, I can't just tell him no.

I look over at him again, seeing him sprawled out on the couch, laying sideways with his eyes glued to the TV. Maybe I could just slip out undetected.

Twirling the small charm that Milo had just put around my neck not even an hour ago, I stood up slowly and began walking towards the front door.

As soon as the door opens, I finally let out a sigh of relief and take a step towards the sun. Ok, that wasn't so hard.

"Izz?" Spoke too soon.

My body tenses up at the sound of Milo's voice, calling my name from the house. A small part of me just wants to slam the door closed and book it, but the smarter, more rational part tells me that he deserves to know something.

With everything he has told me about him? It feels wrong to have kept everything that I have. I sigh, shaking my head downwards and slowly make my way back into the house. "Yes?" I make it just far enough into the house to see his exhausted looking form on the couch.

"Are you going to Mama Hazel's?" My heart cracks in half, hearing his small voice, sounding so different then it did nearly a week ago. Why do his parents have such a vile grip on him? It's sickening. I gulp and nod my head.

He rolls over, into an upright position and leans over on his elbows. "Why do I feel like you are lying to me?" He whispers, and I shiver from behind the couch. Because I am. With no words left, I stand there, stock still and wait for him to make the next move.

It takes about a minute before he shifts his hands to prop his chin up, and glances at me. "Are you?" I'm stuck between two answers. If I lie and say no it will be plain obvious but if I say yes...

"I–" My sentence breaks off, and I slouch forward in defeat. Walking slowly around the curve of the couch, I seat myself right beside Milo.

We stay silent, just staring straight ahead. As if we both know what's going on. We both know I'm keeping secrets, and we both know that I'm not going to tell him.

Blake can wait.

"Milo?" He turns towards me, and I smirk at him. "We should have a party on the beach." Get my mind off of everything. A small smirk makes its way to him.

"My parents will be pissed." The rage I feel for them comes back full force, and I shrug, feeling charged. "Works perfectly."

___

Going face first into the sand as soon as the sun began to set, was not my plan when I said 'have a beach party', but here I am, turning around onto my back with a groan as I spit out sand and wipe my face off.