Chapter Twenty Three

——
'You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it is better to listen to what it has to say.'
~ Paulo Coehlo ~
——

Tattoo
~~
Isabelle

"Shut the fuck up." Someone whispers harshly from behind me. "But aren't they so cute? This is so cute." Another voice says. "You're going to wake her up." The first voice hisses.

I wiggle a little, feeling comfort on the couch. Suddenly light hits my face, and I wince, opening my eyes. "Great job Noah." I look up to see Milo staring daggers at Noah. I follow his gaze and see Noah standing with Henry, and they're both holding cameras.

"What's going on?" I murmur, turning my head away from the sun, and burrowing into Milo. I'm laying on his lap, with a pillow below my head, but I'm so tired that I can't decide if it's good or bad.

"Nothing, just go back to sleep sunshine." Milo whispers. This feels very intimate, but I am also very tired. "Oh my gosh Henry, did you hear that?" Noah gasps loudly, making me jump slightly.

"Fuck yeah I did." Henry says, but whispers instead of yells. "This is earth shattering, this is amazing!" Noah yells again, making me jump again. "Would you stop doing that?" Milo grumbles, covering my ears with his hands to muffle their voices.

I sigh in content, and begin relaxing again. Still listening in on their conversation though. "You do realize it's 4 in the afternoon right now, right?" Someone askes, but the voices are too muffled for me to tell who it is.

Geez, I've been asleep all day. I guess that's what you get for not sleeping for over 24 hours. "I'm aware. Izz has been having sleeping issues, and she hasn't slept in two days." I can tell that Milo says that one.

"Shit." The other two boys mutter. "What happened to your forehead?" I grow flustered, and twist my head so it's hidden against Milo's stomach even more.

He knows I'm awake now, and that I'm probably not going back to sleep, so his hands slowly move from my ears. "Don't you dare." I mutter, inhaling his scent.

Milo laughs. "Isabelle thought I was a murderer and hit me with a brush." He explains. I sit up, and move away from Milo on the couch, rubbing my face slowly. I already know my hair is a freaking mop.

"Damn, girls got strength." Noah whispers, plopping himself beside me, while Henry does the same next to him. I yawn, and lean my head back against the couch.

A small headache erupts behind my eyes, but it could also be from the fact that I haven't been drinking or eating properly lately. I should probably tell someone, because it's not good to keep things locked up like this, but I think it's just stress.

My mind is running on overdrive right now. I think it just needs some rest. "Earth to Isabelle." I open my eyes and look over at Noah, who is staring at me. "What?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"What do you want to eat? We're gonna order food." I ponder on this question, thinking of all the food places we have around here.

"McDonalds?" He smirks, and then ruffles my hair. "That, my friend, is a great answer." I laugh, and let myself steal a glance over to Milo. He looks down for a split second, and then back up.

Confused, I look down, and realize I'm wearing his shirt. I haven't done my laundry in so long, and it was the only clean thing I had left.