Chapter Thirteen

——
'Making someone laugh after they've just finished crying, is one of the most painfully beautiful thing to ever exist.'
~ (via lovelysadness) ~
——

Pink Fluffy Clouds and a Stale Cupcake
~~
Isabelle

Wednesday December 20th
Dear Diary

Today was the last day of school before Christmas break. It was only a half day, but I was still dreading it.
My dad had basically dragged me out of bed, and forced me to change into my clothes. I was mad at him for a little bit, but after he got Milo and I mcdonalds for breakfast, I forgave him.
Milo had a sleepover at my house last night. His parents had an unexpected work thing or something, and so my dad glady said he could stay with us.
Since my twin bed wasn't big enough for both of us, we threw every duvet and blanket we owned on the floor, with pillows and had a butt load of popcorn while watching Tinkerbell. I've practically forced Milo to watch every Disney movie ever, but I think he's finally starting to like them.
Milo and I have had plenty of sleepovers before, but this one just felt different. It wasn't planned, and everything was last minute.
We got to school around 7, when our class started at 7:30. All of the 2nd grade teachers brought their classes into the library to have a christmas party so we all got to be together. Milo, Henry, Noah, Lottie, Violet and I claimed the table in the back as ours and ate all the treats the teachers would allow to our hearts content.
I couldn't help but giggle every time Henry said something towards Lottie because she would blush every time! She definitely has a crush on him. Though I think he has one on her too.
Honestly, I totally ship. I was talking about it to Milo on the drive home today, and he said he agreed with me. My dad then scolded us for talking about our friends behind their backs, but I bet he secretly knew it too.
Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to tell you, today when we all went outside for recess, I was so cold that my teeth were chattering and you know what Milo did? He hugged me until I got warm again!
This might sound a little weird, but he smelt so good. It was like a combination of mint and coconut. I was basically smelling him the whole time we hugged. He only stopped when I stopped shivering.
Lottie and Violet wouldn't let it down when we got back inside, and I assumed that Henry and Noah were doing the same to him.
We played games and split into groups of boys and girls. Overall, it was honestly the best day ever.
I can't wait for Christmas though! I already got Milo his present, and I just know he's going to love it. Well, I hope at least.

I close the very first journal that I ever finished writing, and set it next to the box in my closet. It was early. I'm not sure the exact time because I haven't even opened my phone yet today, but the sun has only just risen.

I just knew that as soon as I was awake, I had to continue reading. I barely remember any of this stuff, and reading it is like opening the floodgates to my childhood.

Apparently it's a thing that if you go through something traumatic, your brain can kinda shut down, and close out memories. It's just crazy to be reading all this stuff again.

It's honestly very therapeutic.

It's been a slow week of working at Mama Hazels, but with it finally Friday–my day off–I intend to go to the beach. I've been aching to go surfing again. Like it's right there and I can't do it.

Lottie and Violet said everyones going down to the beach today anyway, and it's going to be a perfect day to go surfing anyways.