Chapter Fourty Two

——
'You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.'
~ Oscar Wilde ~
——

Hard decision's
~~
Isabelle

My body is still thrumming with anxiety as I make it to the bottom of the stairs. I told him. It still feels so surreal that Milo knows. He knows why I left. He read my journal from that night. And above all, he's not disappointed in me. He's not upset, or disgusted.

He's genuine. Caring. Understanding. Well, at first he was angry, but I understand why. I was angry at first too.

The minute we walk into the kitchen, I see my mom and dad sitting close at the kitchen island. Sipping coffee, and speaking quietly. The first sign from my dad that gives away he knows is the crease between his eyebrows. My mom's no better, biting her lip the same way I do when I'm anxious, and scared.

It takes about half a second for both of them to realize that the two of us have walked into the room. My mom makes her move first, rushing up to me quickly, and wrapping her firm arms around my body. My body reacts before my brain, tensing up until I force myself to think rationally. This is my mom. My mom. My mom. My mom.

"How are you doing honey?" I soften instantly, taking her in my hold as well, holding her together the same way she is doing to me. "I'm ok." I whisper back, shutting my eyes, and sighing at the feeling of her warm embrace.

God I missed this.

When she pulls away, she bats at her face quickly, alerting me that tears were shed, and then smiles weakly and walks back to my dad. "I know Milo called us, and gave us a quick run down, but it would be nice if you could tell us why you had a panic attack and passed out at the beach?" My dad askes, and his voice is nothing but encouraging. He's not judging, or accusing me of anything. He's just plain out concerned.

I open my mouth to tell them what had happened, but nothing comes out. I'm suddenly nervous. I fiddle with my fingers while I search for the right words. All of a sudden I feel a soft hand rubbing the small of my back.

I glance over at Milo quickly, his touch calming me instantly. The small action of affection by him does not go unnoticed by my parents. My dad quirks a brow, and my mom smirks knowingly.

"Uh, well. I saw his brother," I pause, waiting for recognition to fill their eyes, but it never does. "I saw Liam's brother. His twin brother. I guess I had forgotten or something so I thought...I had thought it was him." My words are quick, and rushed, very quiet, and I hope it was loud enough for my parents to still hear.

They both do, and both their eyes widen at my statement. My dads eyes flicker to Milo quickly, looking a little scarred. My moms eyes stare at me with sadness, and I know she's replaying the moment she found me. I can see it in her eyes, and for a moment, only a second, I wish that my memories hadn't come back, because now I can replay that moment as well.

I shiver, and without thinking, I reach my hand over quickly finding Milo's and squeezing the daylights out of it. For some reason he grounds me, keeps my mind from wandering off without me, and I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet.

He squeezes my hand back, and shimmings closer to me. My dad glances down at our hands, and smiles softly. "You told him?" He asks, but it's more like a statement. A realization. "Yeah. I did."