Ch43: A strange change in behavior

Start from the beginning

"That's right! Caycay called you because we need to discuss something important for our club. Let's meet later! Now that Caycay's announcement is over, do you notice something weird with some of the first years?"

The two members of the pop music club, together with Jamil, look over at the freshmen in the cafeteria. Jamil then indicated Kalim.

"The first-year student, Mazan Rahal, is acting strange."

Kalim reacted by nodding his head.

"I would ask him later after the classes if he was troubled by something. If he has any concerns, he can ask me! I'm the Scarabia Housewarden after all! It's my job to help him and make sure that he isn't troubled by problems!"

Kalim took a breath and looked around.

"But it wasn't that Rahal looked troubled, but the other first years as well. Rahal is from Class 1-A."

Kalim subsequently pointed to two students.

"There! They were a Scarabia first year as well. That one is Ismat; he is in Class 1-B; and that one is Jabal; he is assigned to Class C."

Jamil was amazed, as he listened to Kalim, amazed that Kalim remembered the names of those first years and their classes. But, given that he was the Scarabia's dormitory leader, it should be natural for Kalim to recall their names.

It was his job and responsibility. Not his.

Lilia added to Kalim's observation by peering across several of the first years.

"The classes 1-D and E don't look troubled at all."

From a distance, he could see Sebek appearing animated while preventing Silver from falling asleep and assisting Silver in eating his food. Lilia shifted his focus away from them, noticing one of the most noticeable first-year freshmen with a disturbed expression on his face.

While the Octavinelle Warden is accompanied by the Leech Twins, the ghost doesn't seem to desire to spend time at Azul's table.

Jamil delivers his conclusion.

"I had the 1st year Scarabia's students' timetables yesterday night. Today was supposed to be Professor Andersen's time to teach the 1st year students the literature subject."

It was Professor Andersen's fault. Cater and Lilia pondered in their minds.

"The schedule of Professor Andersen. After the lunch break, it must be that he would teach Classes 1-D and E, respectively, on their schedules."

Class 1-D and E, like Class 1-A, B, and C, would soon mimic the unusual conduct of the other first years.

Lilia turned his head when he heard sniffling on a particular table while they were holding those chats.

There is only one Heartslabyul student on the table.

"Mom..."

The student whispered as he proceeded to eat his food while wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Mom, please don't cry; I will do my best."

Kalim, Jamil, and Cater noticed the crying Heartslabyul student after following Lilia's gaze.

The crying heartslabyul student has dark navy blue hair that is beautifully groomed and has short side-swept bangs. If the student does not stop crying, his cyan-green eyes will get puffy. A black spade emblem is tattooed over his right eye.

"It's one of our dorm's first years."

Cater murmured something. With Deuce's sobbing, it was as if a dam had burst in Sections A, B, and C's first-year pupils. The other first-year students in Class A have also begun to cry, while the others are fighting to hold back their tears. The serene mask of Section 1-B had vanished, replaced by discomfort and terror. Finally, 1-C's smile was replaced with rage as they began cursing Professor Andersen's name. The majority of them referred to him as cruel and despicable.

What happened in the classes? Cater is now concerned. He wonders if he should be sorry for choosing literature as one of his elective subjects.

He recalls Professor Andersen sending waivers to students who opted to choose literature's class hands-on lessons. He was attracted by these 'practical' teachings and selected the hands-on route rather than being handed the modules and learning them at his own pace.

A few minutes later, the pop music club members and Jamil observed as Riddle Rosehearts and Vil Schoenheit began pacifying and questioning the oddly behaving first years.

The cafeteria door opened as this was going on. Every student looks at the individual who dared to make a loud noise while entering the cafeteria. It was Professor Andersen, much to everyone's astonishment He was still dressed in his extensive white lab coat that kissed the ground.

Sweeping his sight around, he eventually located what he was looking for. The students watched as he walked to the tables of some Octavinelle students. It wasn't just any Octavinelle students, either. It was Azul Ashengrotto together with the Leech Twins and the reluctant Arktis, who were sitting with them.

Azul adjusts his glasses on his face and smiles regretfully at Professor Andersen.

"Professor, do you want to eat with us? Unfortunately, there are no more chairs. I can give you my seat if you want."

Andersen stopped Azul from leaving his chair.

"There's no need."

He states. Then his quill pen materialized out of nowhere. A chair appeared with a wave of his feather quill. It wasn't just any old chair; it was a sofa chair. Soft and comfortable, unlike their chairs. Andersen sat on it as soon as it appeared.

Jade looked at the Professor and suggested.

"Professor Andersen, I can line up for your food if you want."

When Andersen heard that, he sighed. Instead of responding, he summoned his magical tablet and clicked on its app.

"Calling the attention of 3rd year Heartslabyul student Trey Clover. Come to the cafeteria and see me."

Except for the classrooms and dormitories, the people were taken aback when they heard Professor Andersen's voice echoing throughout Night Raven College.

"Ah, my ears! Since when did we have speakers around at Night Raven College?"

Ruggie, like the other Savanaclaw students, murmured while massaging his ears. For the beastmen's sensitive ears, the public declaration is too loud.

Lilia, who was with other pop music members, and Jamil, on the other hand, pursed their lips.

" Thanks to the Ignihyde Students, they have helped procure a lot of speakers and connect them to my tablet device. With that goth clown's help, the speakers are already installed around the Night Raven College except in the dormitories. The Classrooms have sound insulation even though the speakers are very noisy, students inside wouldn't hear them. This should solve some of your problems Mr. Draconia. Hmmm.. Mr. Vanrouge you don't look happy with this solution. Is it too much for you? If you are worrying about Mr. Draconia's dignity and being treated like a lost child in a department store, honestly, I don't care at all as long as he would be able to attend my classes. So bear with the announcements that will be in the future. "