Lucy Bronze x Reader (16)

Start from the beginning

Lucy had sent a few messages to her lawyers; they were going to press charges. She'd also messaged Jordan, knowing that she needed to tell her before she saw the photos online. Jordan had lost her mind, wanting to come back, but Lucy had said no. YFN wouldn't want that. She wouldn't want to inconvenience her and her training, and they both knew it. Jordan agreed eventually, offering to tell Katie and Caitlin, though she also wouldn't be getting much sleep that night.

The photos leaked quickly with Lucy receiving multiple texts and phone calls. She ignored almost all of them except her family, Sarina, Alexia and her Barca coach. She even ignored Keira.

Her body uncontrollably shook with another wave of sadness, and she tilted her cheek into YFN's palm. Her thumb stroked her cheek.

"Luce..?"

Lucy's head whipped up. "You shouldn't be awake..."

Her eyes were sleepy, and her brow furrowed in pain as she saw Lucy's red eyes. "Come here." She whispered. Lucy opened her mouth to argue but YFN wasn't having any of it. "You need to sleep, and I need you. Come here."

Lucy made her way carefully into the bed next to her, sliding under the covers. Her bicep pillowed itself under YFN's neck and wrapped around her collarbones, while the other pulled her gently back into her. Her lips kissed her sun-kissed hair, and her cheek rested itself gently on her temple.

"Sleep please..." She mumbled as she drifted off to sleep again, much more comfortable and warm than she was before. Lucy slept.

Her head was pounding when she woke. Lucy was already awake, of course, pacing on her phone, talking in hushed whispers to not wake her up. She spotted her and ended the call, immediately by her side. YFN had some water, and painkillers, with the doctor coming in to explain the damage. They were concerned about the impact to her brain, though the results from their scans thus-far had been positive. They wanted to keep her in for another night to assess her. The main thing she craved was a shower and clean clothes, and she told Lucy the same. She'd said that clean clothes were on the way, and seemed a little like she was omitting some details, but YFN was in too much pain to care.

Lucy helped her out of the bed and to their shower. She undressed her with care and showered with her, making sure she was never too far away in case she stumbled or needed her. It was exactly what YFN needed. She needed Lucy right there; she needed to feel her and know she wasn't going anywhere. Lucy's hands glided over her in the shower, soaping her up and massaging her tight neck and shoulders after sleeping in a hospital bed. YFN groaned at the feel, turning around to face a tired looking Lucy. Lucy's green eyes met hers a little blurry as she realised that she must have taken her contacts out and didn't have her glasses.

"I can hear you thinking from here.."

"Lots to think about." Lucy murmured.

YFN felt her stomach drop a little, worry seeping in. "Please don't leave me.."

Lucy was startled by this, and then she understood where it was coming from. "I'm too selfish to ever do that, even if it is what's best for you."

Lucy admitting weakness was a rarity, but it just proved to YFN that Lucy was just as self-aware as she was. She breathed an obvious sigh of relief. "What now?"

"Now... we have clean clothes coming-"

"-and glasses I hope."

Lucy chuckled. "And glasses. Firstly, I want us to leave this fucking city as soon as you're discharged tomorrow. My lawyers are working on pressing charges. I'm unsure about the rest. I was supposed to leave for Barca in 3 days, and I need to cancel my session today, so I have a few phone calls to make."