Lucy Bronze x Reader (12)

Start from the beginning

YFN made sure Jordan looked gorgeous. She was in a tight, black dress with heels and her blonde hair was straightened. She looked so different compared to the sad Jordan she'd seen on the beach. This Jordan was much happier, and even tipsier.

"Christ, she's goin' tah be drunk before we even get there!" Katie exclaimed. Jordan and YFN had decided the more company, the better. She and Caitlin were coming out also, along with some new friends YFN had met recently, Beth Mead and Vivianne Miedema. They were all several drinks in and finishing getting ready. They arrived at the pub late and made up for lost time with immediate shots. YFN spoke to Beth and Viv, learning a lot about them. They spoke about their recent ACL injuries which they'd done at almost the same time, and how they'd supported each other through it. YFN thought they seemed like the perfect little jigsaw pieces for each other, Beth was the chatty one and Viv tended to be more on the introverted side... until she'd had a few drinks. They were all having a good banter, Katie encouraging them all to have more shots. Caitlin dragged Jordan up to dance against her will, leaving Katie and YFN both hanging off each other cackling at Jordan's attempt to dance next to a twerking Caitlin. They all had their turns up dancing and soon enough, they were joined by even more female footballers who must have heard about the night out from one of the girls. Apparently, it was a regular spot of theirs. YFN had so much fun chatting to the newcomers and drinking with Jordan, that her heart felt full. They'd also been quite successful, managing to get the numbers of a few single women for Jordan.

Soon enough, Katie had found out about the wing-womaning and stood on a bar stool, giving a speech to her girls like she was captaining a team. "Alright girls, team mission. Spread out, I'll go left back, our mission is now to find chicken a girlfriend-" Jordan dragged her from the stool and they were all in stitches from laughing so hard at the wasted Irishwoman. YFN managed to find something that looked like a captain's armband, and she wrapped it around Katie's bicep to even more laughter. She'd never had so much fun in her life.

YFN could feel her phone buzzing in her pocket, the girls had been drunk posting photos all over Instagram and tagging her. YFN posted a few herself, one with just her and Jordan, and others with the whole crew.

As she posted, she saw notifications that caught her eye, one in particular.

*Lucy Bronze MBE tagged you in a post.*

"Back home with my loved ones."

*Katie Zelem liked a post you're tagged in.*

*Leah Williamson liked a post you're tagged in.*

*Fridolina Rolfo liked a post you're tagged in.*

*Lauren James liked a post you're tagged in.*

*Alexia Putellas liked a post you're tagged in.*

The post was a photo dump of her time in England over the past few weeks, one of the photos was of YFN and Lucy with her nephew when he had hi-fived them after fixing his knee. It was a cute photo, presumably taken by her mum or Jordan, and the way Lucy was looking at YFN when she was hi-fiving the little boy was full of love.

She wasn't surprised that Lucy had posted a photo of her, she had asked her during their date if she minded. Lucy had been serious when she'd said she wanted to show her off to the world, and this was perhaps one of the softer ways to do it, starting with one photo that could be mistaken for friends. She couldn't help but smile and immediately liked the post, tempted to comment but unsure if she should. She'd also been tempted to text Lucy but they both knew a little space was always healthy. Jordan came up behind her for a cuddle and saw the post over her shoulder. Suddenly she was being teased by a few of the girls, her face reddening in response. Apparently it was something called a "soft launch."