Lucy Bronze x Reader (10)

Start from the beginning

"Who?"

Lucy frowned. Was she getting cold feet? "My mum.." She said again, the 'u' sounding like an 'or'.

"Oh, I heard you the first time. I just really love the way you say mum."

"You love a lot of things about me." Lucy grinned, cocky and relieved.

"That... is true. You're a bit addictive to me."

"Oh?" Lucy was interested to hear more but YFN jumped in before she could.

"Can I ask about your knee?" Her hand found Lucy's knee and stroked it supportively.

"I think she'll give me some trouble today."

"And not playing is not an option, right?"

Lucy nodded with a sigh. "I don't have much time left, so I need to make the most of it. My knee is always going to be an issue regardless of surgeries, so I figure I just need to deal with it until it gives up on me."

"Until they stretcher you off?" She quoted.

Lucy nodded.

"I wouldn't like to see that," she said quietly. "I'd like to learn how to help.. how to look after your knee. Where it gets sore, where to massage it and what helps."

"You already did so much for me last night," Lucy murmured adoringly. "Far more than I've done for you."

"Flip our situations and you'd be doing the same, or more, and you know it." One look at the way Lucy looked at her and she knew it was true. "I can give you something to help me with while I plate up breakfast for us?"

"Anything."

She took her phone and showed Lucy. Since she'd been followed by so many female football players as of late, her notifications had been blowing up. Lucy's follow had the worst impact of all. Her phone was losing battery quick and she could barely use an app. She could fix it, but she knew Lucy liked being helpful.

Lucy looked at the issue and got a little serious. "I can fix this.. I just hope no one has been nasty, the internet world isn't a great place at times."

"I haven't read anything to be honest. I barely managed to reply to you last night and play music this morning." She laughed and left to plate up their food.

They ate breakfast, chatted, flirted, kissed. It was like they'd been together for years. They washed up together and spoke about different things and shared stories. Lucy spoke about her family, and it sounded like her mum was the most important person in her life. She'd supported Lucy when she was young and not so confident, especially when she'd gone over to America to play football. She sounded like a strong woman, someone who YFN hoped would like her.

Lucy let her play with her knee, showing her the problem areas and describing the anatomy of it all. She'd done a degree in sports science and knew a lot about knee issues, particularly on female football players. YFN found all of it interesting, she'd always liked anatomy and the way things worked. She listened carefully and managed to pick up quite easily what helped and what didn't with her knee.

Somehow as they were trying to talk about Lucy needing to go, they found themselves on the couch and unable to keep their hands off each other. Lucy had pulled her down to straddle her and YFN had let Lucy's hair loose, fingers tangled amongst it with Lucy's tongue in her mouth.

"You need to go." YFN gasped.

Lucy nodded against her. "I need to go," she said into her mouth and her tongue brushed YFN's again.