CHAPTER 23: A token of genuine feeling

Start from the beginning

END POV

SAMAIRA POV:

It's already 2:00 pm and he hasn't returned yet. Thankfully i had taken an extra box before the lunch was taken back or else he had to starve. Huh I'll surely ask him to return this favor. I was waiting for him and finally released a sigh of release at his sight. 

SAMAIRA: where do you think you were huh? hadn't I mentioned that you need to be here at sharp 1:30 for lunch? Why don't you listen to me ever-

I stopped speaking as he placed his finger on my lips to stope me from speaking. Stupid heart! it was beating soo fast!

ISHAAN: you speak too much! and its okay if I missed lunch. I am not much hungry anyway.

he started to walk away after saying this. I held the cap of his hoodie which made him stop and he turned around.

I forwarded the lunch box in front of him. He looked at it, lifted his head back to look at me again and blinked his eyes as if he's the most innocent kid on this planet.

SAMAIRA: stop looking at it like that! it's just a lunch box.

ISHAAN: how come i am getting this? didn't i miss the timing?

SAMAIRA: i just took an extra box and kept it for you.

He looked at the box and smiled.

ISHAAN: thank you for thinking about me.

SAMAIRA: well, i couldn't let you starve, could i?

He just nodded with a huge smile on his face and sat down under a tree with me beside him. He had his lunch while we discussed about everything we saw until now and the things which he would like to include in his assignment.

Soon, it was 6 pm and i decided it was the right time to take him to the most awaited destination.

ISHAAN: where are you taking me?

SAMAIRA: you'll know that soon.

ISHAAN: the way you've been tormenting me with this whole mystery thing. It better be good!

SAMAIRA: ohh trust me it'll be the best!

Soon we got down from the auto which he had taken to reach the so called mystery place.
I just stood there with my mouth hung open. Whatever was in front of me.. it was freaking magnificent! Damn it was a freaking palace.

SAMAIRA: now now gentleman, i present to you, the one and only mysore palace. So, how did you like it?

ISHAAN: its- its magnificent. I don't even know how to describe it in words.

SAMAIRA: told yaa! well this palace looks beautiful at any  time of the day but during night with all the lights on, this should be experienced atleast once in life.

I just nodded looking at the magnificent structure in front of me.

(mysore palace at night)

There was too much rush and i was scared i would get lost. Also ishaan was new here too. I couldn't afford to let him go. He will have a difficult time finding his way out. He doesn't even know the native language! As i was getting worried thinking about this, I felt a huge hand grab mine. I looked up to find out that it belonged to ishaan.

ISHAAN: we can't afford to get lost in this crowd. Just hold my hand, we need to stick together.

i simply nodded at him and tried to make it look like it was nothing. But godd only did i know how fast my heart was beating right now. We looked around the whole palace with our hands held together. All the time i was blushing and i don't know why a smile never left my face.

Soon it was time for us to leave for the bus. I thought he would let go of my hand after we come out of the palace. But to my surprise, his grip didn't loosen even for a bit. We walked together, hand in hand, till we reached the auto and finally reported at the place where the bus was waiting for us. We all settled down and had dinner. I had a few instructions to give which i did and returned to my seat at the back, only to find a smiling ishaan. Though he didn't mention it, it looked as if he was waiting for me. I returned him a smile and sat down beside him. Surprisingly, he had wireless ear pods this time rather than those big head phones.

ISHAAN: music?

he asked as he forwarded one of the ear pods to me.

SAMAIRA: sure! 

i smiled and accepted the ear pod only to be surprised. It had a bollywood romantic song playing in it. Maybe sir is taking a bit interest in indian culture finally. We just sat there, comfortable silence engulfed us from the outside and the sound of love kept playing in our ears. It felt intimate. This moment felt damn intimate.

Every one was lying dead on their seats due to the tiredness from today's activities. No had enough energy to stay awake and be hyped like they were yesterday. I was lost in my own thoughts when ishaan called my name.

SAMAIRA: you called?

i asked him after removing the ear pod from my ear. He just nodded and looked for something in his pocket. A satisfactory smile formed on his lips as he found it.

ISHAAN: here.

I looked at his hand and found the same pair of jhumka that i wanted to buy today but couldn't do so as a girl from our club wanted to buy it too. I tried to pretend it was okay but i really wanted to buy those. I looked around all the stalls to find a similar pair but was unsuccessful. It was not easy to find them. How did he manage to get those?

SAMAIRA: ishaan.. you didn't have to. These were not available anywhere. I looked for them a lot. It must've been very difficult to find these.

ISHAAN: naahh it wasn't that difficult. Just take it. It's a gift.

SAMAIRA: tell me honestly, how many shops did you look for these in?

ISHAAN: t-ten.

SAMAIRA: ten freaking shops?! ishaan you didn't have to take so much trouble. They were just a pair of ear-rings-

ISHAAN: i saw the look in your eyes when those ear rings were taken away from you. You really wanted those. Now take it and be happy.

SAMAIRA: thank you so muchh! i really mean it.

ISHAAN: well, i-if you w-want t-to t-thank me. C-Can i s-sleep o-on your l-lap again l-like yesterday?

SAMAIRA: huh?

ISHAAN: its just that.. it was after a very long time that i slept well. Its totally ok if you don't feel comfortable. I understand-

SAMAIRA: stop speaking and keep your head on my lap. You've worked very hard today. You need good rest.

he looked at me being shocked. But eventually he let out a small but genuine smile and placed his head on my lap. He pulled my hand and placed it on his head, indicating me to pat his head.

I just smiled at his antics and did what he wanted. Soon i heard him snoring softly, lost in his dream world. I chuckled at his pouty face and looked at the jhumkas he gave me. He went through a lot of trouble for this.

ITS A TOKEN. A TOKEN OF GENUINE FEELINGS.

________________________________________________________________________________

END OF CHAPTER~~!!

DAMN WASN'T IT TOOOOOO SWEETT!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE GUYSS!!

LOVE YA'LL!

SEE YOU GUYS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!