𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

Synopsis: Y/N's away with the fairies but Harry doesn't mind ft. a nature walk, a million pet names and babying from Harry

I love my girlfriend. More than anything in this entire world. I love the way she runs to catch up with me when we're walking at different paces, I love the way she hums to herself when things are too quiet. I love the way she constantly asks questions and refuses to step into someone's home without taking her shoes off by the door. I love how kind and smart and pretty she is.

I mostly love how perfectly imperfect she is.

"Where is Y/N?" Our geography teacher, Mr Oak, asks as we walk down the trail to the waterfall.

It was a hot day in July and our class was on the yearly hike to Limestone Falls. Every year, Mr Oak lead an entire class of seventeen year olds on a day trip where we'd go on a long hike and take notes of our surroundings in our journals. Not a lot of people enjoyed the thought of spending hours out hiking in the boiling hot sun but people seemed to hate going to class even more.

I was walking side by side with my friend George as we discussed plans for an end of year party on the last day of school. His house was huge and the perfect size to invite everybody around to celebrate the end of the year.

My head perked up at the sound of Y/N's name being called. I had originally been walking with her but got too caught up in conversation. I craned my neck above the heads of people, I was a lot taller so could see past them to find her.

"Fuck," I muttered, when I couldn't spot her. "She must have fallen behind after we left the grove," I tell Mr Oak who sighs.

"Harry, would you mind going back to get her? We'll stay here and wait." I nod and quickly jog back to the grove which fortunately was only ten minutes away.

I came into the clearing and spotted her where we had been sitting for lunch. I smiled softly when I saw her reading in the grass with her headphones on, light falling onto her through the gaps in the trees.

"There's my girl," I whispered to myself.

I walked through the grass and loomed over her, my shadow blocking the light and catching her attention. She grinned, "Hi Harry,"

"Hi baby," I sighed, sitting beside her and cupping her face in my hands, "Baby, we've been gone for ten minutes you didn't notice?"

She frowned and glanced around, "Oh,"

I chuckled, "Yeah 'oh', I was worried about you."

She sighed, pulling her headphones from her ear and tucking them into the pocket of her shorts with her phone. Harry helped her off the ground and chuckled at the mud stains on her knees. "What are you reading that's got you so invested?" I pulled the chunky book from her hands and read the title.

"I pulled it off your nightstand and started to read it... It was really good but I was kind of lost from the first page." She scrunched her face up, her lips pouting. I couldn't help but lean forward and kiss them.

"You read this?" He thumbed through the pages.

"Mhm," She hummed.

"Baby," I pulled her into my side, "This is the third book in the trilogy."

"Oh," She turned to face me, her face was so utterly confused and cute I wanted to squish her cheeks in my hand, "There's more?"

I nod, feeling as though I was breaking bad news, "There's two more before this one. It's the Hunger Games and Catching Fire, you were meant to read those before this one."