𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴*

Synopsis: Harry has no one and Y/N has everyone.

*-Mature content

Warning: mentions of suicide.

It was Christmas Day and Y/N was on her way to work.

This wasn't an unusual thing to Y/N because every year on Christmas Day she would beg and plead her boss to let her work on this day in particular. Her boss, Gillian, was a kind lady and would always wonder why she would want to work Christmas Day but never questioned it because she had an inkling that it had a lot to do with her personal life that Y/N told no one about.

Y/N worked at a bakery which she adored. It was rare to find a job so early on that you could love so much but she just loved working at the bakery. Normally, they have one person working on Christmas Day and they open up the bakery to people who didn't have family or anyone else to celebrate Christmas with and normally, it was Y/N who was working.

Arriving at the bakery, Y/N hung up her winter coat and switched on all the lights. She had hung up fairy lights around the bakery at the start of the month which she would turn on every morning. She went to the back of the bakery to change her white converse into some cute baby pink heels that she would always wear at work, even if it meant she had to go home with aching feet every day from standing up all the time.

She turned on all of the appliances and began to bake some Christmas goods to share with some of the people who were coming down today. Due to her working every Christmas, Y/N had made a lot of friends down at the bakery who she would spend the entire day talking to. People would share their stories throughout the day and usually end the day with Y/N playing the piano whilst everyone sang Christmas carols.

When all of the baked good were in the oven, Y/N walked over to the door and switched the closed sign over to 'open' and waited for some of the usual people to arrive.

The first was Andy, a 90-year-old man who's wife died three years ago. He didn't have any immediate family living near him so he would come down to the bakery and hang out with everyone else. "Good morning Y/N! Merry Christmas!" He called as he walked into the shop, removing his scarf and sitting at a small table.

"Merry Christmas Andy!" Y/N smiled and walked over to give the old man a hug.

The next was Winifred. She was a 70-year-old woman who, similar to Andy, didn't have anyone to be with at Christmas except she was never married. Her family lived in America so she didn't have anyone to be with. "Morning my love." The lady cheered as she came in with a pavlova in her hands, a usual sweet treat she would bring in.

"Good morning Winnie! Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this." Y/N says as she takes the pavlova from her hands.

After Winifred was Chelsea, a thirty-year-old divorced woman, then there was Jamie, a 40-year-old man who had come out of rehab two years ago, then Martin, Alison, Liam and Richard and finally, there was Louisa, a single teen mum who's parents disowned her and her little three-year-old son Tommy.

By the time everyone had arrived it was 10am and Y/N was laying out all of the delicious treats on the counter she had set up. Everyone was talking and nattering away, catching up on all the things they have missed.

But everyone was confused when they heard the bell of the door ring again and in walked a man who had never been here before. Y/N looked to see who it was and she saw a set of brown curls hidden under a green beanie, the man looked up and Y/N was shocked to see a pair of beautiful, emerald eyes looking right at her.

"Hello," Y/N spoke, "Welcome to Gill's Bakery, I'm Y/N and this is everyone!" She smiled. The man looked slightly startled at her happy demeanour but gave her a small smile in return. Y/N felt a little happier to see a new face, it was rare for new people to visit the Bakery at this time of year so it was nice for her to see someone else for a change.