𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨

'We've been doing all this late night talking'Bout anything you want until the morningNow you're in my life
I can't get you off my mind'

Synopsis: A series of late night conversations between Harry and his insomniac girlfriend

Y/N had been diagnosed with insomnia at a really young age.

It was when her parents couldn't sleep without a small hand gripping the covers to crawl into bed with them only to keep them awake every night when they realised something wasn't right.

She had grown used to going days without sleep and still having enough energy to make it through without falling asleep midway through a conversation but sometimes it was hard.

It was frustrating feeling so exhausted and yet not having the ability to fall asleep for no reason at all. She'd tried many things to help her, going to frequent doctor's appointments every other week to monitor her sleep, but no one could really figure out how to help her sleepless nights.

She had tried sleeping pills which helped more often than not but she didn't like them all that much considering their side effects and how she'd wake up with a migraine in the morning.

So, she would take each night as they came and waited to see if sleep decided to arrive or not.

For a while, Y/N truly let her insomnia get the better of her but now that she had Harry, things hadn't been quite the same since.

Y/N and Harry met on a tour of Hollywood during a trip to America. Y/N was taking pictures on her camera of Hollywood Boulevard and Harry tripped over, stubbing his toe in the process and knocking into Y/N, her camera dropping onto the floor and the lens cracking at her feet.

"I-I'm so sorry!" Harry exclaimed a flustered mess and ignoring the throbbing on his foot.

"It's okay!" Y/N tried to say but she couldn't help the tears flooding her eyes. It wasn't because of the broken camera which she bought second-hand anyway but more so the week she was having.

The trip to America was supposed to be one she went on with her boyfriend but he ended up bailing on her at the airport, sending her a breakup text after being ten minutes late. She got on the plane in floods of tears and now she was in America alone.

"Oh no," Harry murmured, noticing her tears.

He was also in America alone but only because he didn't have any friends. It didn't bother him, he had been a solo traveler for a while and it was his first time visiting Hollywood. He wasn't a very social person so he had no idea how he was going to help the girl who was crying in front of him.

"U-Um, if you want you can have this." Harry pulled out an extra disposable camera he had in his backpack.

She sniffled, "N-No it's okay." She put the small, broken camera in her bag. "Honestly it's okay."

"I'm so sorry for breaking it. I'm sure I can give you the money to get it fixed somewhere nearby." He felt awful.

She cracked a smile, "Don't worry about it."

He looked down at her and saw the sadness in her eyes despite the smile she tried to show and the words coming out of her mouth. No matter what she said, he still felt bad for bumping into her and breaking the camera.

"W-well do you want to go grab some lunch?" Her face lit up at the sound of that, she was desperate for some company.

"Sure." She smiled.