𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘴

Synopsis: Y/N has OCD

Y/N really struggled with OCD on a regular basis. It took over much of her day-to-day life and despite the fact she had had it for so long, it didn't stop her frustration with it.

A lot of people liked to think OCD was about staying organised and keeping things clean and tidy but it was so much more than that and Y/N was living proof of that. Everyday was a struggle for her mentally and physically.

Y/N was preparing for bed, following out her usual routine which consisted of five steps.

Step one was showering and evening skincare. She'd shower for exactly fifteen minutes, or twenty on the days she needed to wash her hair, she applied her favourite apricot body scrub and coconut body wash which she had been using for years and made her skin feel extra soft. Her skincare was simple but effective. First, she double cleansed, then applied eye cream, toner and her facial oils which she'd roll into her face with a jade roller. She then put on a thin layer of moisturiser and some strawberry lip balm.

Step two was changing into pyjamas that were normally laid out for her already before she stepped in the shower. Today she chose to wear her favourite silk pyjamas since the temperature of the weather had been warmer recently.

Step three was taking her vitamins and filling up her water bottle in case she got thirsty during the night. She didn't like walking into the kitchen because the tiles were cold against her bare feet so she wore a fresh pair of socks which she put into the wash straight afterwards.

Step four was checking the lights. She would walk into every single room and switch the lights on and off three times to check they were working. She would also triple check to see if the front door of her apartment was locked.

Step five was when she would crawl into bed. She would read fifty pages of her book for about an hour and then turn on her essential oil diffuser to help her get to sleep. Y/N plugged in her phone and checked three times to see if it was charging, even waiting for the percentage to go up in front of her eyes just to make sure, and double checked to see if her alarm was set at the right time.

Some would say her routine was exhausting but it was what helped her feel safe and at peace in her own mind. She wouldn't often look at her phone until the morning after but she caught her screen light up in the corner of her eye.

Harry: Hey

Y/N's eyes widened. Harry was a man she had been seeing for the last three weeks. She met him at a book signing when her favourite fantasy author was doing a meet and greet at her local bookstore.

He had just finished working at the office so he was still wearing his tailored trousers and a buttoned down shirt, he pushed his glasses up as he read the backs of the books he had picked off the shelf and asked Y/N whether she had read any of them. It was then that they spent the evening discussing their favourite authors and genres of books to read.

Y/N hadn't spoken to Harry for the last three days. It wasn't because she didn't like him, she was actually very fond of him. She'd be lying if she said she didn't think about him in moments she was alone.

It was because he invited her to stay the night. The words 'stay at my place for the night' made all her hopes and dreams for their relationship come crashing down on her.

Y/N had been in a relationship previously that lasted a whole month with a woman called Claire. She managed to avoid staying the night at her place all that time and she had assumed it was because she was playing hard to get but the truth of the matter was that Y/N couldn't stay anywhere but her own home. It was too much for her brain to handle and she couldn't stand the idea of not carrying out her usual routine.