𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘹𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘺

Synopsis: Y/N is a hypochondriac and Harry wants to take care of her.

"Harry..." A voice whispered in the darkness and pulled him out of unconsciousness.

"Baby... Go to sleep, I'm right here." He tried to pull her into him but was met with thin air. His eyes opened and he looked to his side but Y/N wasn't there.

Instead, she stood up on the side of the bed with tears streaming down her face, her hair all over the place and one pyjama leg bunched up around her knee.

Immediately, Harry sat up and pushed the duvet off his legs to grab her wrists and pull her into him so she was standing between his legs. Her arms wrapped around him and he rubbed his hand up and down her back as she sobbed into his neck.

"What's wrong m' girl? What's the matter?" He cooed, feeling the worry creep in.

"I threw up in the toilet." She sniffled, "I don't feel good."

His hand immediately went under her shirt and he felt the warmth of her skin and the stickiness of her forehead as she buried herself further into his neck. "Oh my love." He whispered, knowing this was much more than feeling sick.

"I'm so scared." She sobbed, her breath catching in between words.

"What are you scared of hmm? Tell me." He pulled her onto his lap.

"I'm scared," Her chest caved as she declared the thoughts that were running through her mind the minute she had woken up with an upset stomach. "I don't want to die."

His eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean baby?"

"I typed into Google and all these things came up saying if I wasn't going to get better I could die." She explained.

Harry sighed, "What have I told you about googling your symptoms?" Her eyes watered and his heart broke, he couldn't bare the thought of her being in any sort of pain.

"You're not going to die, baby." He assured her, "I won't let you."

She exhaled a shaky breath, "I'm scared I'm going to be sick like last time."

The last time Y/N was sick, she had to go to hospital for a week on an IV. Harry had never felt the type of pain he felt when he watched her fall in and out of consciousness for the first three days. Ever since, Y/N had been taking immune boosters and a weekly IV drip to boost her immune system and make sure the chances of her next getting sick were slim.

"Hey," He wiped her tears with the pad of his thumb, "Breathe."

He inhaled a breath and waited for her to follow him until they were breathing in sync. Harry grabbed her hand and gently placed her fingers over her pulse, "Feel that," He whispers, "You're okay."

She nods and he tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "I won't let anything happen to you." He continues.

Her lip wobbles, "You promise?"

"I promise, hey enough tears. We need to try and get you better." He wipes her tears away and lifts her shirt over her head quickly pulling his own off his body and onto hers.

She snuggled into his chest and hid her face away, Harry brushes his fingers through her matted hair as he carried her down the stairs and to the kitchen. He places her on the countertop and goes to grab the medicine from the top of the fridge.

"Here you go," He pulls out the grape-flavoured liquid medicine and pours it onto a spoon.

Y/N pouts and shakes her head, "I know you don't like it baby but it's the only way you're going to start getting better."

She sighs and opens her mouth for her to insert the spoon. "Atta girl, my best girl." He whispers, kissing her on her very warm forehead and receives a hum of delight at the praise.

Harry tosses it into the sink once he's seen she's taken all the medicine and fills up a glass of water to bring upstairs. He goes to his cabinet where he stores his vitamins and takes out a sachet of electrolytes to pour into the water.

He walks over to Y/N who immediately attaches herself to him. She was always clingy whenever she was sick. "We'll make you an appointment at the doctor's tomorrow." He said and immediately felt her tense up.

"No Harry, no." She whispers, shaking her head at the same time. She had always hated going to the Doctor's because she didn't want to be fed the worst case scenario.

That was one of the things with health anxiety, or anxiety in general, it was a constant back and forth between what she wanted and what she needed and how she didn't know which one was which. The fear of the unknown ate at her and her anxiety latched onto that. It was a voice in the back of her head feeding her all the worst-case scenarios. The darkness was endless.

"Baby, the doctor will be able to give you some medicine to help you feel better. I promise you nothing bad is going to happen. You may just have a bug, remember Gemma's kid Riley got sick last week? He got better again. It's nothing to be worried about." Harry explained.

"Can we ask the Doctor to come to our house?" She asked, it would ease her mind to be in her own home and if she were to panic, at least she wouldn't have to walk out of the doctor's office with tears down her face.

Harry nods, "I'll call him in the morning."

Y/N's eyes started to tear up again, "I'm really worried Harry."

"I know baby, I know." He cups her face in his hand, "But you're perfectly healthy and nothing bad is going to happen to you okay?" He would repeat the sentence until he was blue in the face, as long as Y/N knew she was safe.

"O-Okay," She huffed through her tears, trying to get it into her head that she was overreacting and that everything would be okay.

"Want to go upstairs? I'll put the TV on just for you." Y/N liked sleeping with the TV on in the background but Harry preferred sleeping in total silence. It was a rarity for him to leave the TV on before bed, instead, he would just sing Y/N to sleep.

Y/N nods and makes grabby hands for him to pick her up and take her back upstairs. He rolls his eyes playfully, eliciting a giggle from her which makes him smile. "My girl," He whispers in her ear as he carried her up the stairs, "My sweet girl you are going to be just fine."

Once they reach their room, Harry goes to the TV and grabs the remote to switch it on. He picks out Howl's Moving Castle which was one of Y/N's favourite movies of all time and her comfort movie.

As he turned around, Y/N huffed and pulled the shirt she was wearing over her head, leaving her in just her white, cotton underwear. Harry's eyes widen, "I'm too hot." He smiles and strips down to his boxers before climbing into bed with her.

Immediately, Y/N scrambles to lie herself on top of him and he chuckles, feeling her chest press against his. His hand begins to move up and down and her back and she shivers and sighs at the feeling of the cool metal of his rings.

"I don't meant to be such a burden Harry." She inwardly bashes herself for waking him up in the night asking for help when she knew how tired he was.

Harry almost gasps, "You're not a burden to me," He pinches her chin between his thumb and forefinger and tilts her head up so he's looking at him. His heart throbs in his chest at the sight of her flushed, red cheeks and messy hair looking up at him with innocent, tired eyes. "You're my love," He softly presses his lips to the tip of her nose. "My love is safe with me." He grins.

Y/N giggles and nuzzles her face into his chest, embracing the feeling of his hands and the warmth of his body. "Thank you for loving me." She murmurs, her eyes fluttering closed.

"Thank you for letting me."