𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

Synopsis: Harry is a first time dad to be and Y/N is a trainee midwife

Y/N walked into the coffee shop at 0800 hours on Monday morning. She walked up to the barista and ordered her usual vanilla iced latte with oat milk and added sweetener because she was definitely going to need it today.

She stood to wait as the commotion of people walking in and out before their morning commute to work. Looking down at her phone, she double checked to make sure she knew exactly where she needed to be at what time. She sent a quick text to her mama since she didn't have time to say good morning before she left the house.

The barista called her name and she grabbed the to-go cup of coffee and left after saying a soft 'thank you'.

Before she left, she glanced at her reflection in the coffee shop window. She had put a little extra effort in her makeup this morning, squealing in delight when she managed to get her eyeliner on point without needing to correct it. She was wearing a cream coloured skirt and a chunky, woollen jumper so she didn't have to wear a coat on this some-what sunny day in England. She pulled down the front of her hijab just slightly and smiled at her appearance.

Despite the funny looks she received from smiling in the reflection of the coffee shop, she wasn't going to let it ruin her day. She adjusted the straps of her backpack which held her uniform, lunch, water and the book she was currently reading on how to cope with anxiety and began her twenty minute walk to the hospital.

"Hi Marty!" She beamed at the receptionist of the maternity unit once she exited the lift.

"Hi Y/N." The elderly lady smiled at the young girl, always delighted by her presence and the light she radiated whenever she entered the room.

Y/N walked to the locker room where she saw her friend Christa. "Hi Chrissy!" Y/N smiled and went to stand by her to get changed into her scrubs.

"Hey Y/N." Christa responded, pulling on her socks, "Have you got your itinerary for the day? I'm partnered with Doctor Adrian."

They both rolled their eyes at that. Doctor Adrian wasn't the kindest of the four doctors on the maternity ward. He was an elderly gentlemen and was planning on retiring in a few years. He was a good doctor but he was also a little sexist which made him a terrible doctor by default.

"Let me check my emails." She sat down on the bench and scanned through her phone for her itinerary. "Looks like I'm with Doctor Ashlynn today."

Doctor Ashlynn was one of the nicer doctors and all the trainee midwifes enjoyed working with her since she was extremely understanding whenever they'd mess up accidentally.

Y/N got dressed into her scrubs for the day. She secretly enjoyed the scrubs at the hospital for the maternity ward since they had cute, little teddybears above the hem of the shirt. She put on her black shoes and followed Christa out of the locker room.

Today Y/N would be helping Doctor Ashlynn with monthly appointments which meant she'd be doing a few ultrasounds. It was one of her favourite parts of midwifery, she always loved seeing the reactions of the mother's seeing their babies for the first time.

She knocked on Doctor Ashlynn's door and was welcomed in. "Y/N, it's good to see you." Doctor Ashlynn spoke, looking up from her computer.

"Good to see you too Doctor Ashlynn." She smiled and sat opposite her.

"We have a few appointments to start the day." Doctor Ashlynn filled her in on the patients they'd be seeing today, many of them Y/N had met already. It was going to be a busy day and Y/N's feet were already aching from how much time she'd be spending standing up.