𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘮𝘦?

Start from the beginning

Harry was pretty sure he had loved Y/N the moment he first saw her interact with Mai. She was always so gentle with her and the other children too. It often made him wonder what his life would be like if Mai were to have a mother figure but he didn't like to dwell on it, Mai's mother was out of the picture and he was completely fine with that.

Anne and Gemma often teased Harry about his crush on Mai's assistant teacher. They'd desperately attempt to get him to ask her out on a date some time but he was simply too shy to do it.

"Have you seen her? She probably already has a boyfriend?" He'd say, even though he never asked.

"Hi Harry," Y/N beamed up at him, she was a few inches shorter than him but that wasn't too hard, Harry was very tall.

"Hey Y/N," He grinned.

"Are you excited for this Friday?" She smiles, he could tell she was just as excited as him and that made him like her even more.

"I'm over the moon. I hope Mai knows what she's in for." Harry looks down at the little girl, playing with a sequin on Y/N's dress.

Y/N runs her fingers through Mai's curls, "Oh she knows alright. Mai's going to be non-stop talking afterwards. Isn't that right darling girl?" Y/N signs the last part as she speaks.

Mai grins and falls into Y/N, wrapping her small arms around her neck to stop her from falling on the floor. Harry's heart swells and if he weren't so shy, he'd ask her right there and then to come out with him for dinner tonight.

"C'mon Mai, let's go inside." Y/N motions for Mai to walk in.

Y/N stood and turned to look at Harry who was making sure Mai was okay walking into nursery. She suddenly felt extremely nervous much like she usually did when she was alone with Harry.

"Are you coming usual time to pick up Mai?" She asks.

Harry nods, "I finish work a little early today so I'll come and pick her up if that's okay?"

"Of course, that's no problem." She says and an awkward silence falls over them.

"I-I should probably get going." Harry stutters, looking down at his feet.

"Right." Y/N smiles, awkwardly.

"I'll see you later Y/N." He begins to walk to his car.

"Bye Harry."

"Idiot." Harry whispers to himself under his breath and slams the door of his car closed a little harsher than usual.

The following day, Harry was at the music shop whilst Mai was being taken care of by Anne. He only had a four hour shift today so it wasn't necessary for Mai to go to nursery when her nana was happy to take care of her.

The bell chimed, signalling a customer had walked into the shop. Harry puts on his best 'customer service' smile and goes to greet the customer, only to come face to face with Y/N.

"O-Oh hey." He smiles, feeling the nerves kick in like they usually did around her.

"Hi Harry, I didn't know you worked here." Y/N grinned, she totally did but not in a I'm-stalking-my-crush kind of way but because she'd seen him open and close the shop on certain days when she'd go grocery shopping at the food shop across the street.

"Yeah, been here for a while now." He didn't really know what to say. He was terrible at making conversation. "C-Can I do anything to help you?" He asked, his usual customer service techniques had completely gone out the window since she arrived.

"I'm looking for something to get my brother. He's twelve and my parents have bought him a guitar for his birthday." She glances around the shop, "I was thinking a book or something to help him learn a few songs."