𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

Depuis le début

Before her lunch break they had one more appointment. She had spent most of the morning scanning pregnant bellies and putting together information packs. She even encountered a pregnant fifteen year old this morning who came alone and looked terrified at everything going on around her.

Y/N looked down at the clipboard which listed the next appointment and was surprised to see a new name written on the page.

She walked into the waiting room, "Ms Alicia Jones?" She caught sight of a man wearing a very fancy suit sitting beside a very pregnant lady who looked as if she wanted to be anywhere else. They said nothing as they followed behind Y/N to Doctor Ashlynn's office.

"Just take a seat." Y/N motioned to the two chairs for the couple to sit in.

"Ms Jones, it's nice to meet you. I've read through your notes that were passed on by your previous doctor, Doctor King." Doctor King had moved away so a lot of his patients were being passed out to the other doctors.

Y/N stood in the corner whilst the conversation occurred between the doctor and her patient. She couldn't help but admire the man sitting beside the lady who didn't say much at all. His hard gaze was fixed on the doctor which gave her time to look at the green of his eyes. His hair was a curly mess on top of his head that he somehow managed to pull off.

The man looked from the doctor to Y/N and embarrassingly caught her staring. He looked back to the doctor but she noticed his expressionless face had switched and a hint of a smirk threatened to appear.

"You must be the father, Mr Jones?" Doctor Ashlynn looked to the man.

He cleared his throat, "Actually it's Mr Styles, we're not married, but you can call me Harry."

"My bad, Mr Styles." Doctor Ashlynn went on to explain what would happen during the appointment.

Alicia laid back on the bed and Harry sat on the chair. Y/N was upset to see he didn't want to be close to the women who was giving birth to his baby but she knew it wasn't her business and she shouldn't judge when she knows nothing of their situation.

Y/N applied the gel to her tummy and looked at the baby on the screen, smiling when she saw the healthy features. She turned to Harry and frowned, he was looking down at his fidgeting hands.

"Would you like a print out of your final scan?" Y/N forced her head to turn to Alicia.

"No, I've got plenty." She huffed but Y/N heard a sound of protest come from beside her.

"Actually, I'd like one if that's okay." He mumbled, not making eye contact with her.

She nodded and smiled, clicking on the button to print out the picture of the ultrasound. Y/N handed it to Harry who didn't even bother to look at it, he just tucked it into his suit pocket and looked to Alicia who seemed ready to leave.

"Thank you for your time Doctor Ashlynn." Harry nodded and helped Alicia leave the room.

Once they'd emptied out the room, Y/N released a deep breath, "You could cut the tension with a knife." Doctor Ashlynn muttered.

Y/N agreed but something underneath the chair Harry had been sat on had caught her eye. She picked it up from underneath and noticed it was a paper bag for a bookstore. "Oh no." She mumbled and raced out the door in hopes they were hadn't left already.

Her eyes darted around the waiting room and there was no sign of them so she took the stairs all the way down to the car park of the hospital. She noticed the head of curly, brown hair from a distance and rushed over with the bag in hand.

"Mr Styles!" Y/N called, catching his attention.

He looked briefly at Alicia who was paying no mind to him and closed the car door, walking over to Y/N. "Can I help you?" He seemed annoyed but she brushed it off and held out the bag.