𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑳𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆

Everyone was aware of how much Dahlia Odair hated her Capitol persona, none more than Katniss Everdeen

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Everyone was aware of how much Dahlia Odair hated her Capitol persona, none more than Katniss Everdeen. The Black Dahlia had taken over her life, nearly destroyed her mind and warped people's perception of who she was. She never wanted to become that person again and Katniss never wanted to force her into it. She didn't want to ask this of her closest friend, but they were left with little choice. To end tyranny once and for all, Dahlia Odair would have to take on the mantle of the Black Dahlia one last time.

After Effie had finished fussing over Katniss' look, she was hurried off to get to her spot for the execution and the two girls were left alone. Katniss stood like a true warrior, determined and strong, unwavering and powerful. Dahlia gazed proudly at the younger girl who had come so far over the difficult years of being thrust into chaos and war. To come out the other side with her head held high was a feat not many could manage. And yet both she and Katniss had done it. In a few moments, they would also be the ones to finish it.

"One shot." Dahlia announced quietly, approaching Katniss from behind as she stared numbly at her reflection. "One shot to end the reign of a dictator."

"Never has there been a more deserving target." Katniss quipped back, turning on the spot to face her greatest ally and most surprising friend. Her sharp eyes softened, tough facade faltering as she revealed her true vulnerability to the woman she now trusted more than anything. "I know what I need to do... But I don't want to do it alone."

Dahlia stepped forward to place a hand on Katniss' shoulder, gently assuring her, "I have your back, Katniss. I'll be with you all the way through."

But her support made Katniss feel so much worse. Because now she had to ask Dahlia to become the person she hated more than anyone else. "I'm sorry to make you do this, Dahls. I know you're trying to put your past behind you and move on." Katniss muttered apologetically, head hanging in guilt for the pressure she was about to place on the woman's shoulders.

Yet Dahlia shook her head, holding her hand up to cut off Katniss' heartfelt speech and bluntly ask, "What do you need?"

Katniss couldn't believe she had ever thought that Dahlia was a mad selfish Victor. This woman had sacrificed everything to protect the ones she loved and now, even after everything she'd been through, she was still willing to aid Katniss in her hour of need. Her loyalty knew no bounds.

Sighing in defeat, Katniss reluctantly admitted her requirements, "I need you to become a killer again." Dahlia's face remained neutral, giving absolutely nothing away to Katniss. Of course, she didn't want to do this. She'd been working so hard to regain control and stability in her life. She was eradicating all the aspects of her life that had caused her pain, including putting her swords away forever. But Katniss needed a killer and Dahlia needed revenge. "I need you to slay a monster."

One last shot... One last kill... One last time.

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑫𝑨𝑯𝑳𝑰𝑨, 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒊𝒓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें