𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒅𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑫𝒂𝒉𝒍𝒊𝒂 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒎

Just as Alaric had done with her, Dahlia rides the elevator down with Lavender and gives her last-minute tips that she's repeated numerous times before

Just as Alaric had done with her, Dahlia rides the elevator down with Lavender and gives her last-minute tips that she's repeated numerous times before. She feels more nervous for Lavender's games than she did for her own, because she can't control what happens in the arena when she's just a spectator. All she can do is watch. And that is more torturous than fighting for her life.

"Don't go too deep into the Cornucopia." Dahlia advises, wringing her hands anxiously as the elevator descends quickly. "Grab what you can and run."

"I know, Dahls." Lavender replies emotionlessly, fear of the unknown beginning to sink in. "You've done all you can. Now it's up to me and Annie."

"I'll keep fighting for you, even from outside the arena." Dahlia promises, barely being able to force a convincing smile on her face to comfort her sister. "I know you and Annie can do this, Lav. Just stay sharp, trust your gut and never let your guard down."

Lavender nods her understanding just as the elevator reaches its destination. The doors slide open and the younger girl instinctively grasps onto her big sister's hand. Without a word, the Blossom girls stride closer to the awaiting hovercraft, ignoring the soulless stares of the Peacekeepers on guard.

"This is as far as I go." Dahlia states sadly, her heart breaking as Lavender faces her with teary eyes. "But I'll see you later, yeah?" Pushing through her own tears, Dahlia grins weakly at the young woman in front of her. "You've grown so much in my shadow, Lav. Now it's time for you to blossom on your own." In truth, Lavender had always relied on her sister to take care of and protect her. This is the first time she truly has to face something on her own and it scares her to death. "You'll come home to me, my flower."

"You're stuck with me, Dahls." Lavender manages to say through her sniffles before throwing herself at her sister. Dahlia catches the girl in her arms, hugging her tightly for it may be the last time. "I love you."

Dahlia feels Lavender's tears dripping on her shoulder and being soaked up by the dark fabric as she whispers, "I love you too." With one final squeeze, the pair reluctantly pull away as the Peacekeepers start to urge them along. Before they can usher Lavender onto the hovercraft, Dahlia catches her sister's hand and presses three times. Lavender just manages to return the silent sentiment when their hands are ripped away once more.

As Lavender gets situated in her seat, she uncurls her fist to reveal the object Dahlia had passed on during their final gesture. A token for the Blossom girl to wear. The golden dahlia necklace. Annie would be going in with Dahlia's old token and Lavender would be wearing Cove's. History has a funny way of repeating itself...

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

The next few days were absolute torture for Dahlia. Most of her time was spent in front of a screen watching every second of the games. Finnick was her most frequent companion and the only reason she hadn't pulled all of her hair out in stress. But Alaric and Mags were the only reason the two teenagers were even kept alive. If it wasn't for their cooking skills and constant pestering, the pair would've starved to death or withered away to nothing on the couch.