𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

They say that salt water heals all wounds

Dahlia was inclined to believe that. After all, salt water was laced through tears as they were shed in grief and despair for those who had been lost along the way. Salt water eroded the weak crumbling stones of the cliffs, uncovering the newer stronger foundations beneath. And though the fresh scars stung painfully upon first contact, salt water had cleansed the wounds left behind from a lifetime of fighting.

They didn't know how long it had taken. Weeks, months, years... But the salt water of District Four had healed the Odairs of their trauma. And now they were free to live their lives exactly how they had always wanted.

A house right on the beachfront, a thriving garden of flowers, walks along the shore hand in hand, morning swims searching for shells. Everything they had ever dreamed of became  their blissful reality. And the best part was getting to share it with their children.

The Hunger Games were abolished, Commander Paylor taking the reins of Panem and leading the districts into an era of unity and prosperity. Their children could finally be raised in peace, never knowing the horrors of war or the torture of killing just to survive another day. Because their parents had fought for a better world where they wouldn't have to send kids off to die. A world where the threat of the Games were just a distant memory. And, though both Dahlia and Finnick had lost the small family they had, they were able to create a new one all of their own.

Their firstborn, a daughter, who would never be saddled with the responsibility of growing up too early and caring for the rest of her family as Dahlia had done. No, Magnolia Odair would be given everything that Dahlia never had and more, the chance to be a child for as long as she deserved.

The young girl may have been the spitting image of her father, but there was no doubt that she had her mother's spirit through and through. After all, she was continuing the Blossom legacy of having a name inspired from nature, the flower magnolia which blooms on evergreen trees being Dahlia's motivation to pick up where her mother left off. But when the challenge of picking an appropriate middle name came about, Dahlia already had the perfect one in mind.

Magnolia Cove Odair, though everyone tended to just call her Mags.

Blonde hair, sea-green eyes and an unwavering sense of loyalty, it really was as if her old friend had been reborn in her daughter. Though Dahlia may not have known Cove Cresta very long, she got to know Cove Odair right from the very beginning. Got to watch her grow and explore her curiosity, smile and laugh as freely as she dared... Everything Cove never got the chance to experience. Everything Cove wished she could have given Annie.

Then when it came time to name their next child, a son, Dahlia had only one man on her mind. Her father, Alaric Silvers. A big name for anyone to possibly live up to, but she wanted to ensure his memory lived on in the family he had found within her.

🎉 Du hast 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑫𝑨𝑯𝑳𝑰𝑨, 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒊𝒓 fertig gelesen 🎉