𝑭𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒐𝒎, 𝑭𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒀𝒐𝒖

That evening, Finnick made his way up to the roof with little knowledge of what was waiting for him at the top

That evening, Finnick made his way up to the roof with little knowledge of what was waiting for him at the top. When he arrived to discover an assortment of Tributes gathered around with just as much confusion on their faces as he had, he found more questions than answers.

"Lia, do you know what's going on?" Finnick asks the girl quietly, leaning down from behind to muffle the words in her hair.

"No more than you." Dahlia mutters out of the corner of her mouth, warily eying the people around her. "Alaric wouldn't tell me anything with the Capitol listening in."

Hushed chatter is exchanged amongst the group, but everyone is still glancing around in suspicion. Most were reluctant to mingle with those outside of their districts, however Finnick and Dahlia remained faithfully by each other's side, hands gripped tightly to bring them a sense of comfort. They were soon joined by Johanna, who was still riding off the high of irritating Katniss in the elevator, with Blight lingering nearby. Wiress and Beetee stuck together as did Seeder and Chaff. Mags and Woof were struggling to converse with each other as one could only communicate in hand gestures and the other was hard of hearing. Cecelia was watching the pair with a faint hint of amusement, occasionally stepping in to help but mostly just enjoying the entertainment. The Morphling pair, although looking as though they were knocking on Death's door, were also present and surprisingly alert among the group.

The attention of every Tribute was captured by the appearance of Alaric and Haymitch as they joined the crowd on the roof.

"Sorry I'm late. Had to put the kids to bed." Hamitch excuses himself with a slight jesting tone as the pair position themselves at the front of their audience. "Is everyone here?" He calls out, receiving nothing but silence in return. "Well, don't all shout at once."

"We have everyone that we can trust." Alaric mumbles, scanning the faces staring up at them.

"What's this about, Alaric?" Blight questions, folding his arms across his chest. "Why are we up on the roof?"

"This is the only place the Capitol haven't bugged with cameras and microphones." Alaric answers calmly, making the tributes look around in confusion. None of them had been aware of just how much the Capitol were watching their every move. Dahlia had been warned by Alaric beforehand but that was to ensure she wouldn't say anything to piss them off any further. "It means we can speak freely up here." Exchanging a quick glance with Haymitch, the two men nod in agreement before Alaric continues, "It means we can talk to you... about the Rebellion."

Gasps ripple through the crowd and low whispers are traded between tributes. Haymitch holds his hands out to soothe the group while saying, "Alright, settle down." The small audience silence their chatter but still stare at the two men as if they've grown two heads. "The Rebellion is very much real and it's growing by the day."

"So, what does that have to do with us?" Chaff inquires, stepping forward in curiosity as some other tributes nod to back him up.

"Well..." Haymitch starts before becoming unnerved by the numerous pairs of eyes staring at him. "I'll let Alaric explain it to you."