Chapter 32- Are You Sure This Is A Good Idea?

(3 days later, Sunday, 3pm, Kai's Pov.)

"You're all good, yeah?" Jade questions as I put on my shoes.

"Yeah, I'm good." I nod, tying my laces.

"Cool, just wanted to check up on you." Jade responds, grabbing an umbrella.

"I'll see you at the funeral." I tell her, stretching my arms.

"Are you sure you don't want a lift?" She asks with a worried tone.

"I'm all good, Jade Tanner." I chuckle, waving her off as I stand up and make my way over to my bag.

"Alright, well the funeral starts in 20 minutes. I'll see you there." She states, walking towards the front door.

"Cya, stay safe." I tell her, watching her open the door before exiting the house.

"Why aren't you going with her?" Tess asks from the couch.

"Because she's giving a lift to some of the group since they're near the church. And I'm giving you a lift." I answer, unzipping my bag and grabbing my keys.

"That's clearly not the only reason." Tess says, standing up from the couch.

"What makes you say that?" I ask with a curious tone.

"You clearly just want some silence." She replies.

"Jade won't let me be in silence." I tell her, shrugging my shoulders as I zip up my bag and put it around my shoulder. "Are you ready?" I ask, making my way to the door.

"Yeah, I am." She nods, walking over. "I wonder what Gwen will think when she sees you in that." She states with a tiny smirk on her face.

"Haha, very funny." I roll my eyes, opening the door and locking it before exiting the house.

If you were wondering what she was referring to, she was referring to the suit that I was wearing. I had bought it 4 months ago but never had a use for it. Why did I buy it? Because Jade had insisted that I'd need a suit one day. I guess she wasn't wrong since I'm clearly using it now.

"It's really raining?" Tess questions, both of us looking out at the sprinkling raindrops.

"God clearly knew today was a sad day." I respond, beginning to walk down the driveway.

"I wonder how many people will be there." Tess says, pacing herself beside me.

"Considering Katie was extremely kind to everyone, I'm going to guess that a lot of people are going to attend." I reply, unlocking my car and walking around to the driver's side.

"I guess we'll find out." She says as we both open our doors and enter the car before shutting the doors.

"Yeah." I reply, inserting my keys into the ignition and twisting them. The sound of the engine roaring fills the air.

Putting the car into first, I lower the handbrake and balance the clutch and accelerator as I pull out of the car park and begin driving to the church.

"You better not get entranced in your thoughts while driving." Tess states with a light laugh.

"Me? I would never." I scoff playfully, switching from second to third.

"Good." She replies, looking out of her window.

"Do you know if Ashley's going to be there?" I question, slowing down and switching to second as we approach a red light.

"She said she'll be there." Tess answers with a knowing tone.

"Cool." I reply, turning the radio on and accelerating as the light turns green.

"Onto other news. Videos have surfaced online of what first looked like Spider-Woman swinging around but the closer you looked at the video the more noticeable that it wasn't Spider-Woman. The person looks like a man which means there's another wall-crawling hero to help the people in need. How long this person has been here, we have no idea. The only thing we know is that there's now another.