Chapter 8- What Do You Enjoy About It?

(1 day later, 9:30am, Kai's Pov.)

"Hey, buddy." I greet Ezra after opening my eyes. Ezra meows in response, walking up to me and laying down next to me, beginning to release purrs. "I just woke up and you want me to fall back asleep?" I question my cat, releasing a yawn.

Moving onto my back, I look up at the roof. Yesterday was so much fun, Jade was like a golden retriever, she was just going around to as many rides as possible with the goal of riding all of them. I had fun, I didn't ride as many as Jade did but I still enjoyed myself. And Gwen... From what I knew, she enjoyed yesterday. It sucked on how she was feeling around 6pm but at least I was able to comfort her.

Stretching my body, I reach over to my bedside table and grab my phone, holding it in the air above my head. I turn it on, unlock it and click on photos. The photo I had taken of Gwen and I sat there minimised. Tapping on it, I change it to full screen.

I stared at the photo. It was great quality, not even a single pixel was blurry. My eyes look at Gwen and I. She kissed me on the cheek... I didn't even have time to react either, it was instantaneous. Not only that but after the photo had been taken and Gwen moved away, I stood there frozen. I couldn't move a single muscle, the only thing that broke me out of it was Jade asking if I was gonna join them. But even after that, I stared at the photo for a few seconds before following them.

I didn't even get a chance to talk to Gwen privately after that. I don't know if Jade saw what happened, I don't think she did since if she did. She would've been teasing me about it the whole way home.

"What do I do Ezra?" I ask my cat who was just laying next to me. Looking back at my phone, I check the time. 9:30am? All I want is to sleep in at least once. With a huff, I lift up the blankets and get out of bed. "Man, I need a shower." I groan, running my right hand through my hair as I begin grabbing new clothes from my closet. "Ezra, go down to Mum. She'll fill your bowel." I tell my cat. Ezra stands up, stretching his body. "If she doesn't, meow from the kitchen until she comes over." I add, opening my door and watching him exit my room, beginning to make his way down the stairs.

Shutting my door behind me, I grab a towel from the closet and enter the bathroom, shutting the door and locking it behind me. Placing the towel on the hook, I place my phone on the side, dropping my new clothes on the floor before taking my clothes off. Stepping into the shower, I turn the water on, finding the balance between hot and cold. I release a content sigh as I begin cleaning myself off.

My thoughts run wild, it started with how much I enjoyed yesterday before they swapped to thoughts about Gwen's kiss. What did it mean to her? Was it just a thank you to me for comforting her? She did do it pretty casually from what I saw on the camera so it must've not meant anything to her besides a thank you.

But that doesn't seem right? Why would she give me a thank you kiss on the cheek after she has already said thank you? Plus, Jade has never done that, she's never kissed me on the cheek and we've been friends since kindergarten.

Shaking my thoughts out of my head, I turn the shower off, open the door and grab the towel. "Why can't I just have the normal random shower thoughts I used to have." I groan, wiping myself clean.

After drying myself clean, I grab my new clothes and begin putting them on. Grabbing my phone, I unlock the bathroom door, open it and exit the bathroom before making my way downstairs. "Hey, Mum. Did you feed Ezra?" I question, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes, I did." She answers. "You told him to constantly meow until I fed him didn't you?" She asks, laughing towards the end.

"I had no part in what Ezra did or did not do." I reply, patting Ezra's head as I make my way past him.