Chapter 12- I Can't Believe I'm Letting You All Bet.

Quick A/N: Forgot to mention, age of drinking is 18 like Australia.

(Tuesday, 3:30pm, Kai's Pov.)

I release a huff as I relax into my couch. "Ezra, come here." Jade says, her hands reaching out to Ezra who was sitting in front of us both, he was stood on the floor, looking at us both.

I watch Jade bend down, grab Ezra and lift him up, placing him on her lap. "You treat him like a king." I chuckle, petting Ezra's head.

"Well, you didn't tell him to jump up, so I had to pick him up." Jade replies. "When are you working?" She asks me.

"I work from 5pm till 10pm, so I'm leaving in an hour." I answer, pulling my phone out of my pocket. "When are you working next?" I question.

"Tomorrow, Thursday and Monday." She responds, petting Ezra, soft purrs coming from him as he relaxes into Jade's lap.

I hum in response, looking down at my phone as I unlock it and enter the group chat containing the friends from the old school Jade and I went to.

Terminator:
Hey, can I ask everyone something?

What are you texting the group chat for?" Jade questions, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

"You'll have to find that out for yourself." I respond, waiting a few more seconds before responses start flooding the group chat.

Brack_n_cheese:
If you can't afford the food, I'm gonna kill you.

Ben 10:
You'll be fine Braxten.

Sethescope:
What's up, Kai?

Evaporator:
Does Jade know?

Jade The Gem:
Nope, he won't even tell me Evan.

Fix It Felix:
And to think he tells you everything.

Jade The Gem:
I'm sitting next to him, and he won't tell me.
I kid you not, he's rotated his phone away from me, so I can't see it.

Royally Screwed:
Must be something he wants all of us to answer at once.

E-tyrannosaurus Rex:
Lame.

Terminator:
You're lame.

Cyborg:
See. Me personally, I wouldn't be disrespected like that.

E-tyrannosaurus Rex:
Kai's jealous, I'm cooler than him.

Terminator:
If that's what you think.

Sethescope:
Bringing the conversation back to the original topic, what'd you need to tell us, Kai since all of us are here.

Terminator:
Jade's probably gonna harass me about this but can I bring a friend?

"A friend?" Jade speaks from my left.

"Yeah." I simply respond.

Fix It Felix:
Who's the friend?

Evaporator:
You made a new friend?

Terminator:
She's a friend of Jade and I but I became friends with her.