Chapter 16- Think On My Words.

(1 day later, Tuesday, 5:30pm.)

I hadn't spoken to Gwen at all today... Even in class. My body just wouldn't let me speak, she had cut herself but hid it from me. She would've kept it hidden if I didn't see it yesterday. I wanted to ask what happened and why she felt the need to do it but every time I tried to open my mouth it would immediately shut. The atmosphere in the classroom both yesterday and today were awkward and tense silences. I could feel Gwen states at me but it was like my body had just entirely shut down to the bare essentials. After copying the answers from Gwen I just stared at the door to the classroom. What made it worse was that my body just immediately left the classroom on both days. I didn't even give Gwen a chance to try to explain herself, I found myself not telling anyone about her wrist. I was for some reason respecting her decision when she begged me not to tell anyone.
Not the group chat, not Tess, not even Jade. I wasn't even at Jade's house right now, I had spent both yesterday and today out of both my house and Jade's house.

I had turned my phone off fully, it was buzzing and ringing like crazy, I didn't even check any of the notifications. I just immediately turned it off, I don't know how many messages I had been sent, the only thing I knew was that Gwen had been calling me both yesterday and today. I didn't know if she sent voicemails, the calls had started out spaced apart before they shortened in time, and I was being called every twenty seconds. My thoughts hadn't gotten any better, they had kept circling about Gwen, the sight of the cut on her wrist and the whimper she let out when she was covering it.

"Kai?" A familiar voice speaks, my attention not diverting away from what I was looking at. "Surprised to see you back so soon." The person comments, footsteps shuffling next to me before they sit down next to me. "What brings you here?"

"I-i'm worried." I croak out, stuttering on my words, finally moving my eyes away from where I was looking and turning towards the priest.

"About?" He questions with an intrigued tone.

"About my friend, Father." I tell him, taking in a breath.

"Jade?" He responds.

"No." I deny, shaking my head. "About Gwen, the girl I told you about." I clarify.

"What happened?" He asks with a softer tone.

"I hung out with her on Saturday and the morning of Sunday, she was fine. We were hanging out with my friends from my old school, and we were all having fun... Her included." I respond, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I dropped her off at home on Sunday and then I got to class yesterday, she arrived late and sat down next to me. We were talking both of us having fun and both of us were happy but then when she rubbed her face with her hands I saw something on her wrist."

"May I ask what you saw?" He questions with a remorseful tone.

"I can't." I croak out. "She begged me not to."

"Very well. I'm guessing you saw a cut?" He replies.

I nod slowly. "It wasn't there on Saturday or Sunday. It appeared after I dropped her off." I inform him. "She showed no sign of being upset."

"May I ask what happened after?" He asks.

"She immediately covered it up and told me she was fine before begging me not to tell anyone." I answer.

"What did you do?" He responds, a sad tone in his voice.

"I didn't do anything, I couldn't speak. I was just staring at her wrist. Even today I didn't speak, I was just stuck in my thoughts. I ran from her, I'm worried about her but both times I've seen her in class I couldn't talk. She's been calling me but instead of answering them, I switched my phone off and haven't turned it back on." I answer, my voice quivering slightly. "I'm selfish and a narcissist. She's hurt herself and I can't even bring myself to talk to her now." I groan, putting my hands into my face.